Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having some trouble with setting up plugin

Alex, all,

I had a version of this plugin working in HS4 back in Jan without any issues. I just recently purchased the plugin today to get another jump on adding some data into my new tablets.

I went through the setup process today and it has significantly changed. I noticed you made a comment about this on another thread and referred the user to the Google Maps API set up through the new GCP / Developers platform. Boy, what a mess!

I created a new Project, added and enabled the Google Calendar API, and generated the relevant "ciient_id" and "client_secret" strings. When I click Save, nothing happens. I thought I was supposed to be promoted to authorize something within Google?

Thank you in advance

Originally posted by bmsmithvb View Post
    I went through the setup process today and it has significantly changed.
    I created a new Project, added and enabled the Google Calendar API, and generated the relevant "ciient_id" and "client_secret" strings. When I click Save, nothing happens. I thought I was supposed to be promoted to authorize something within Google?
    Are you on Linux or Windows?

Which setup process significantly changed? Plugin or Google?

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
      Are you on Linux or Windows? Which setup process significantly changed? Plugin or Google?
      I am on Windows and the google set up changed quite a bit - just as you noticed in the google maps plugin.

Comment

Ok, thank you, I'll check

Comment

[EDIT]

I updated the instructions, it is crazy.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...89#post1452389

You probably didn't select OAuth scopes. Please check the instructions again.

And updated the plugin (ver. 4.0.0.13) to latest Google libraries.

Comment

Which option did you use? https://developers.google.com/worksp...reate-project?

[EDIT]

It did change indeed. Can you please describe the steps you had to follow?
            I went the route of creating a new project and went thru each one as listed in those directions. Does that answer your question?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I went the route of creating a new project and went thru each one as listed in those directions. Does that answer your question?
              I actually deleted my question because I went through the steps myself and updated the thread. But if you can check my updated instructions and see if it makes sense - because it's a total mess

Comment

I actually deleted my question because I went through the steps myself and updated the thread. But if you can check my updated instructions and see if it makes sense - because it's a total mess
                Awesome. Thank you. I will do that as soon as I can this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Thank you
                    You're welcome.

I went through your instructions -- there were a couple of missing steps that I had to figure out (Google really made this crazy difficult....).

The scopes section was new to me - I did not do that previously. I added the 2 that you mentioned. I also added my Gmail account as a user. Then, I removed all previously client_id and client_secret in the plugin hit save and then put in my new credentials -- still no pop-up on the browser for google authentication. Does it make a difference that I use 2-Factor authentication for my google account?

Comment

I went through your instructions -- there were a couple of missing steps that I had to figure out (Google really made this crazy difficult....).

The scopes section was new to me - I did not do that previously. I added the 2 that you mentioned. I also added my Gmail account as a user. Then, I removed all previously client_id and client_secret in the plugin hit save and then put in my new credentials -- still no pop-up on the browser for google authentication. Does it make a difference that I use 2-Factor authentication for my google account?
                      Which steps are missing?

Not sure about 2-Factor authentication. It works most reliably if Google Chrome is set as default browser and you are already logged in in Chrome

Comment

I made some notes on what was missing, give me just a little bit to get them typed up in a readable format.

I am using the Chrome browser, logged into my Gmail account (same one I'm using to access GCP and the same user I set in "test users"

Comment

I just tried the authenticator app using the same clientid and clientsecret, I received the following error:
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-07-14_10-22-51.png
Views:	91
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	1483987

Comment

I had to add my email at least in three different spots, but can't see in my instructions. I'll have to check again.

It's total mess. I'm researching other OAuth options, i.e. when you loging on smart TV by going to some URL and entering the code displayed on the TV. There's a few options, but they all mess.

Comment

I just tried the authenticator app using the same clientid and clientsecret, I received the following error:
                              I didn't test the authenticator app, I'll check tomorrow, it's 0:30 AM here in AU

Comment

Working...
                              X