Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Lost

    Apparently the last update I have for my calendar items into HomeSeer was on October 26. Polling the calendar resulted in a log entry stating Device not found as shown in the second entry below:
    11/8/2021 10:47:39 PM
    AK GoogleCalendar
    Info
    11/8/2021 10:47:39 PM AK GoogleCalendar ver. 4.0.0.17 (4.0.1.53) .NET Framework 4.8.4420.0
    11/8/2021 5:51:49 PM
    AK GoogleCalendar
    Warning
    Device [324] not found


    When I looked at the settings for the calendar plugin and checked my Google Projects API, I did not see entries for calendars in the plugin and did not see the API project on the Google side. I created a new project and matching credentials. After entering the information and hitting Save, nothing happens. Below is a view of the screen. I removed the credential entries for the image, which was taken from a second device. Both devices (PC and phone) show only the items in the image. There are additional items showing in the instructions in this forum.

    Note that I have tried the Save button multiple times since the second log entry above. I filtered the log for messages from the plugin and have copied all entries since the last message prior to attempting to reconnect the calendar.

    Any thoughts on what I should try to reconnect the calendars?
    Click image for larger versionName:	Screenshot_20211108-225416.pngViews:	16Size:	218.0 KBID:	1507130


    Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    242 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    37 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units 1 display

    #2
    Hard to tell - works for me.

    Are you saying that when you click Save - it doesn't save the credentials?

    Does it bring browser window "Sign in with Google"?


    You can try this first:

    1. Shutdown the plugin.
    2. Remove "C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Config\AKGoogleCalendar.ini" (and AKGoogleCalendar.ini.bak)
    3. Remove "C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Bin\AKGoogleCalendar\token.json"

    At this stage you can try starting the plugin again. If it still doesn't work - you can try re-installing the plugin from scratch - go through steps 1-6:

    4. Remove the plugin
    5. Remove calendar devices
    6. Install and configure the plugin.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by ksum View Post
      did not see the API project on the Google side
      That's something wrong with Google

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
        Hard to tell - works for me.

        Are you saying that when you click Save - it doesn't save the credentials?

        Does it bring browser window "Sign in with Google"?


        You can try this first:

        1. Shutdown the plugin.
        2. Remove "C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Config\AKGoogleCalendar.ini" (and AKGoogleCalendar.ini.bak)
        3. Remove "C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Bin\AKGoogleCalendar\token.json"

        At this stage you can try starting the plugin again. If it still doesn't work - you can try re-installing the plugin from scratch - go through steps 1-6:

        4. Remove the plugin
        5. Remove calendar devices
        6. Install and configure the plugin.
        This worked for me. I believe the missing API may be that I set it up under a different Google account. I have one for the house and a couple others for various items so I may have used the house account, which is used for HomeSeer messages, etc., as opposed to my primary one I use for other development. Regardless, it is working now. Thank you!
        Karl S
        HS4Pro on Windows 10
        242 Devices
        56 Z-Wave Nodes
        37 Events
        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
        Google Home: 3 Mini units 1 display

        Comment


          #5
          No problem.

          Comment


            #6
            This isn't working for me and I've already tried steps 1-6. I believe I setup the API correctly, but when I hit "save" in the plugin, nothing happens.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by DebrodeD View Post
              This isn't working for me and I've already tried steps 1-6. I believe I setup the API correctly, but when I hit "save" in the plugin, nothing happens.
              Are you on the same system which is running HomeSeer? I actually had better luck by Saving the settings from a second system and the popup appeared on my HomeSeer system as a second browser tab.
              Karl S
              HS4Pro on Windows 10
              242 Devices
              56 Z-Wave Nodes
              37 Events
              HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
              Google Home: 3 Mini units 1 display

              Comment


                #8
                Nevermind, just figured it out - it wasn't working because I was running homeseer as a service (using NSSM). Once I killed the service and relaunched the normal way - the window popped up immediately. Thanks!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Yeah, unfortunately it requires the browser for authentication, and browser pops up where the plugin is running. But if you run as a service - Windows disables any interactions for the services.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X