Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Calendar Account sign in at every restart

Hi Alex,
    Is it normal for a web browser asking to login to my gmail account to pop up after every HS4 restart? I forget to remote in and click through sometimes which disconnects the plugin from my account. Thank you
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	394
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	1511825
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

No, it's not normal.

It should save the credentials under C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Bin\AKGoogleCalendar\token.json

Please check if it's there

Token expires after 6 months if you don't use it, but I'm sure it's not the case.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
      No, it's not normal.

It should save the credentials under C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Bin\AKGoogleCalendar\token.json

Please check if it's there

Token expires after 6 months if you don't use it, but I'm sure it's not the case.
      The token.json file is there. I have this plugin enabled all the time and only realized it wasn’t working when one of the events didn’t trigger. When I logged into my Hometroller, I noticed the browser asking which account I wanted to log in with. Now I’m just in the habit of checking all the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Plugin's:

Comment

Did it happen once, or every reboot?

Comment

Every reboot.

Plugin's:

Comment

Linux or Windows?

Comment

Linux or Windows?
              Windows

Plugin's:

Comment

I have experienced something similar, but it has not been related to a restart of HomeSeer. I just looked and saw about a dozen browser page requests. HomeSeer has been running for 18 days, so it is not associated with a restart in my case. I have lopgs turned on but it only repeats this when I filter for AK GoogleCalendar:
                Code:
                 [LEFT][FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Roboto][SIZE=16px]12/6/2021 4:00:05 PM     [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT="B612 Mono"]AK GoogleCalendar     [/FONT][FONT="B612 Mono"]Info     [/FONT][FONT="B612 Mono"][247] ksumwalt: GetEvents(5) show started: True[/FONT][/LEFT]
                  [LEFT][FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Roboto][SIZE=16px]12/6/2021 3:45:04 PM     [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT="B612 Mono"]AK GoogleCalendar[/FONT][FONT="B612 Mono"]     Info     [/FONT][FONT="B612 Mono"][247] ksumwalt: Received 5 events[/FONT][/LEFT]
                  [LEFT][FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Roboto][SIZE=16px]12/6/2021 3:45:04 PM     [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT="B612 Mono"]AK GoogleCalendar     [/FONT][FONT="B612 Mono"]Info     [/FONT][FONT="B612 Mono"][247] ksumwalt: GetEvents(5) show started: True[/FONT][/LEFT]
                  [LEFT][FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Roboto][SIZE=16px]12/6/2021 3:30:04 PM     [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT="B612 Mono"]AK GoogleCalendar     [/FONT][FONT="B612 Mono"]Info     [/FONT][FONT="B612 Mono"][247] ksumwalt: Received 5 events[/FONT][/LEFT]
                  [LEFT][FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Roboto][SIZE=16px]12/6/2021 3:30:04 PM     [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT="B612 Mono"]AK GoogleCalendar     [/FONT][FONT="B612 Mono"]Info     [/FONT][FONT="B612 Mono"][247] ksumwalt: GetEvents(5) show started: True[/FONT][/LEFT]
                Note that it is currently 5:10 PM local time and the above log is the top of the log. I did accept the last browser window request prior to copying the log above. There is no matching Received message for the 4:00:05 PM line in my log.

Possible pertinent/sharable system information from the About screen:

Date/time 12/6/2021 5:11:45 PM Eastern Standard Time
                Version HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.6.0 (Windows)
                License Registered
                In Virtual Machine No MFG: dell inc.
                Antivirus Windows Defender
                OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station

Karl S
                HS4Pro on Windows 10
                1070 Devices
                56 Z-Wave Nodes
                104 Events
                HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
                  I have experienced something similar, but it has not been related to a restart of HomeSeer. I just looked and saw about a dozen browser page requests. HomeSeer has been running for 18 days, so it is not associated with a restart in my case. I have lopgs turned on but it only repeats this when I filter for AK GoogleCalendar:
                  Code:
                   [LEFT][FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Roboto][SIZE=16px]12/6/2021 4:00:05 PM [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT="B612 Mono"]AK GoogleCalendar [/FONT][FONT="B612 Mono"]Info [/FONT][FONT="B612 Mono"][247] ksumwalt: GetEvents(5) show started: True[/FONT][/LEFT]
                  [LEFT][FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Roboto][SIZE=16px]12/6/2021 3:45:04 PM [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT="B612 Mono"]AK GoogleCalendar[/FONT][FONT="B612 Mono"] Info [/FONT][FONT="B612 Mono"][247] ksumwalt: Received 5 events[/FONT][/LEFT]
                  [LEFT][FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Roboto][SIZE=16px]12/6/2021 3:45:04 PM [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT="B612 Mono"]AK GoogleCalendar [/FONT][FONT="B612 Mono"]Info [/FONT][FONT="B612 Mono"][247] ksumwalt: GetEvents(5) show started: True[/FONT][/LEFT]
                  [LEFT][FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Roboto][SIZE=16px]12/6/2021 3:30:04 PM [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT="B612 Mono"]AK GoogleCalendar [/FONT][FONT="B612 Mono"]Info [/FONT][FONT="B612 Mono"][247] ksumwalt: Received 5 events[/FONT][/LEFT]
                  [LEFT][FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Roboto][SIZE=16px]12/6/2021 3:30:04 PM [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT="B612 Mono"]AK GoogleCalendar [/FONT][FONT="B612 Mono"]Info [/FONT][FONT="B612 Mono"][247] ksumwalt: GetEvents(5) show started: True[/FONT][/LEFT]
                  Note that it is currently 5:10 PM local time and the above log is the top of the log. I did accept the last browser window request prior to copying the log above. There is no matching Received message for the 4:00:05 PM line in my log
                  I don't see anything wrong, what are you trying to say? You have log enabled and you are getting log that every 15 min plugin polls the calendar.

Comment

I don't see anything wrong, what are you trying to say? You have log enabled and you are getting log that every 15 min plugin polls the calendar.
                    There is about an hour between the last log entry shown and when I looked at my HomeSeer system. At that time there were a bunch of browser pages on the system from Google to authorize AK GoogleCalendar. So I'm guessing it stopped accessing at or after 4 pm and the authorization requests were from that point? Does almost a dozen requests in what I'm guessing would be 45-60 minutes sound reasonable if the authorization request is not responded to during that period? Should there have been a message matching the 4 pm call about events received if the plugin was authorized?

Basically, I had a bunch of authorization requests and also included additional information. The difference between mine and the original post is that mine is not associated with any restart of the computer, HomeSeer, not the plugin.
                    Karl S
                    HS4Pro on Windows 10
                    1070 Devices
                    56 Z-Wave Nodes
                    104 Events

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post

Note that it is currently 5:10 PM local time and the above log is the top of the log. I did accept the last browser window request prior to copying the log above. There is no matching Received message for the 4:00:05 PM line in my log.
                      Sorry, I missed the last bit about "I did accept the last browser window request". Not sure what's happening here. Does it happen again or just once?

Comment

I have noticed 2 other instances where the calendar stopped retrieving calendar items, but didn't have any information except, "It stopped." In one case I stopped and started the plugin. In the other I did see these browser requests to authorize again. I turned on the logging feature after the first instance. Anything I have right now is purely anecdotal, so other than adding a "Similar here" to the original post, I'm not going to be very helpful yet and thought it was specific to me prior to seeing this thread.

Random thoughts which probably have no meaning but have HomeSeer or Google account associations:
                        My account was recently switched to 2FA by Google and I turned that off.
                        It MAY have started with HomeSeer update 4.2.6.0 but that is doubtful. There may have been other instances which I didn't notice as I had a period with no calendar events triggering events in HomeSeer.

If I learn anything more I'll post it here.
                        Karl S
                        HS4Pro on Windows 10
                        1070 Devices
                        56 Z-Wave Nodes
                        104 Events

Comment

This exact same thing is happening to me, it prompts for a re-sign in to Google every couple of days. This problem is further made more difficult by the fact that I'm running Homeseer as a service (natively with the latest beta), which I believe prevents the google sign-in request windows from opening, forcing me to uninstall the service and reboot homeseer normally in order to re-authenticate with Google each time.

Comment

Originally posted by DebrodeD View Post
                            This exact same thing is happening to me, it prompts for a re-sign in to Google every couple of days. This problem is further made more difficult by the fact that I'm running Homeseer as a service (natively with the latest beta), which I believe prevents the google sign-in request windows from opening, forcing me to uninstall the service and reboot homeseer normally in order to re-authenticate with Google each time.
                            Try stopping and restating the plugin. I had that resolve it twice now. After my last message I found that the plugin was not updating the calendar items and had not looked into resolving the issue as work had me too busy. After reading your message I decided to try this again and it resolved the issue. In this instance I did not have any prompts on the server side to authenticate the account.

So for now I am certain of 2 instances where I had no requests to authorize an account and 2 instances where I had authorization requests. I will try to keep a closer eye look for more diagnostic information on the next occurrence.
                            Karl S
                            HS4Pro on Windows 10
                            1070 Devices
                            56 Z-Wave Nodes
                            104 Events

Comment

I can suggest setting recurring calendar event just to make sure plugin works. Minimum repeat time in Google calendar is 'daily' thought.

Comment

Working...
                              X