Ignore all-day events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignore all-day events

alexbk66, anyway you can add an option to ignore all-day events? This integration is working perfectly for me now, but whenever I have an all-day event it breaks my triggers because none of the other events that day will fire.

I need to check why it's happening. Anything n the log?

Comment

I don't see anything specifically wrong in the log, but I have triggers that turn my light red when an event starts and turn it blue when an event ends. When I have a full-day event on the calendar, it triggers (turns red) on that first event when it starts, and then doesn't turn blue until the event ends (end of day), ignoring all the other events that happened throughout the day.

Comment

Actually, the same thing happens with overlapping events in general (like an event that goes from 8-5. It would be awesome to have some sort of setting to ignore any event over a user-determined length.

Comment

Originally posted by DebrodeD View Post
          Actually, the same thing happens with overlapping events in general (like an event that goes from 8-5. It would be awesome to have some sort of setting to ignore any event over a user-determined length.
          Ok, I'll have a look

Comment

DebrodeD took me a while to look at this. Not sure if it's an issue with the plugin - can you please provide more details about your triggers, especially how "doesn't turn blue until the event ends"? How do you expect to trigger on the other events if you set it up the way that the light stays red until the event ends?

Comment

alexbk66
              How do you expect to trigger on the other events if you set it up the way that the light stays red until the event ends?
              This is exactly the issue I'm having. I'm not saying anything is broken with your plugin, I just need the ability to "ignore all day events". The problem is that my work calendar that I use has all my meetings on it, but also occasionally has events that span multiple days above it all. I always have to delete those multiple-day events in order to keep my regular meeting events working as intended. I'd rather not have to curate my calendar in order to get the integration to work.

Comment

alexbk66

This is exactly the issue I'm having. I'm not saying anything is broken with your plugin, I just need the ability to "ignore all day events". The problem is that my work calendar that I use has all my meetings on it, but also occasionally has events that span multiple days above it all. I always have to delete those multiple-day events in order to keep my regular meeting events working as intended. I'd rather not have to curate my calendar in order to get the integration to work.
                Now I get you, I'll check.

Happy New Year

Comment

BETA 4.0.4.3 - Added "Ignore all day events".

Not tested much, please let me know if it works for you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	32
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	1583971

Comment

Thanks! I don't have the beta plugin installed unfortunately, if I switch over to beta will I lose all my data/google calendar credentials? If so, I'll just wait for it to hit the primary plugin.

Comment

No, BETA is the same, I just release BETA versions directly myself, then only HS promote it to the release version. But I don't promote to release until BETA is tested.

Comment

Alright, the beta with the "ignore all-day events" didn't work for me, but I think I know why. I created a few test events today as well as an "all-day" event and none of the regular test events triggered, despite me having the new "ignore" box checked. I'm guessing that's because the way your calendar plugin works is that it looks at the top event, but when the event is all-day, it never leaves that top spot, preventing any subsequent events from triggering. I believe that's because I have this checked:

Views:	14
Size:	4.3 KB
ID:	1585959
                        But unfortunately, I need that to be checked so I can trigger off of events ending as well. Would it be possible to implement an "ignore all-day events" checkbox into the calendar settings itself so they don't even show up in that top spot?

Views:	13
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	1585960

Comment

Would it be possible to implement an "ignore all-day events" checkbox into the calendar settings itself so they don't even show up in that top spot?
                          That may be a good option.

Comment

Working...
                          X