Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you explain total cost ?

Hi Alex,

I'm a little confused about how much this will cost me to use on two mobile phones. Is this a one off HS4 plug in cost, or are there also charges per client device per annum ? Just trying to figure out how much I need this

Tim

Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

I'm thinking it's either the plug in plus Traccar (free), or the plug in plus Trac-down (annual charge per client device). Is that right ? If I use Traccar do I have less info with your plug in than by using Trac-down ?
    Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

Comment

I have no idea about the providers costs. Traccar API is open source and many providers use it on their servers. The Traccar server itself is also open source and many users install the server themselves for free. Trac-down uses the same Traccar server, it's just different provider. You may find some other providers utilising Traccar API/Server.

It's like asking why "Jaguar Land Rover" plugin is not free when Jaguar is so expensive.

Comment

Hi Alex,

Sorry to be so confusing, but I'm rather confused and am trying to make sense of it.

I know I got most of this working with Traccar and PHLocation a few years ago, but life got in the way. I've been experimenting today, and:

1. My mobile phone has an unlimited data plan, so there would be no extra costs there.
        2. Traccar client is now running on my mobile phone and it is connected to Traccar server running on my local server. I can see the phone on the map at localhost:8082

So...

If I now purchase your plug-in, will it be able to work with the above set up without me spending any more ££'s ? Or have I got it wrong ?

Comment

Originally posted by Traction Tim View Post
          I know I got most of this working with Traccar and PHLocation a few years ago, but life got in the way. I've been experimenting today, and:

1. My mobile phone has an unlimited data plan, so there would be no extra costs there.
          2. Traccar client is now running on my mobile phone and it is connected to Traccar server running on my local server. I can see the phone on the map at localhost:8082

So...

If I now purchase your plug-in, will it be able to work with the above set up without me spending any more ££'s ? Or have I got it wrong ?
          Yes, if you have your own server, then yes. Also, there's a free Traccar server which you can use - it does have some limitations (i.e. no alerts/notifications) - but with HomeSeer you don't need them anyways.

Comment

Working...
          X