X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot reach cloudkey which is on a different vlan

Hi
    I cant get connection to the cloud key.
    The cloud key is on normal Lan, while the homeseer is on vlan IoT.
    Can this be the reason, or is the reason that i have enabled 2FA ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-02-13_15-07-33.png
Views:	413
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	1455917

Do you have routing or firewall rules in place to allow the IoT VLAN to reach the cloud key? Can you ping the cloud key from the IoT VLAN?

Comment

If the account you are using for the plugin has 2FA enabled, it probably won't work.

Just create a local account and use that instead.
      stefxx

Comment

I managed to fix it with local user and some firewall rule to reach the cloud key.
        But i have another problem.
        Yesterday i removed turned off the cloud key features in the setting, which then remove the HS devices.
        When i turn them back on, they dont recreate the HS devices.
        I tried to delete the whole system, but even after adding the system again, it will not create the HS devices for the cloud key.
        All others works fine, when i add and remove example clients or switches or ap

Name:	2021-02-14_13-44-50.png
Views:	394
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	1456110

Comment

Hi!

That is weird. Are you sure you don't have any filters on the device page? Select (only) the "Unifi" category and you should see the devices.

Could you also check the HS3 device page? I've seen an issue (with another of my plugins) were the root device was missing, preventing HS4 from showing the features. You can access the HS3 page by accessing "http://<ip address>/deviceutility"

Thanks!
          stefxx

Comment

Yes it seems like you are right. Is the root device missing?
            Do you know how to get that back?

Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-02-14_18-08-05.png Views:	0 Size:	203.9 KB ID:	1456161
            Attached Files

Comment

If I remember correctly, the root device exists but more than once. Somehow that is possible in HS4

I believe I already fixed this in 4.0.4.2, but it doesn't solve the issue if it already exists on your system.

Please see if you find the root devices and delete them manually. Happy to help if you allow me access to your system (do you use myhs?)

stefxx

Comment

With the help of frankis78 we have identified the issue. It is actually quite stupid (of me). All root devices created by the plugin uses the MAC address as HS4 address. For Client tracking, I also use the MAC address, but this time not for the root but for the feature. So I you create features for a device AND also add the device as a tracking device, well... we have a problem!

I have to think about this a bit what is the best solution. Until then, please do NOT enable Client tracking on any of your Unifi devices!

Thanks!
                stefxx

Comment

Great News.
                  I wanted to use this for client tracking, and i have seen a few things when i have worked with unifi and my physical devices, that might be of interresst. (Maybe you already know)
                  On my Iphone if you go to wifi settings, and click on the info icon on the netwoork you are connected to, you will see that there is something called "privat adress"
                  This setting is normally "On" as an iphone security thing, and means it changes the global mac adress which you can see under settings->general->about, to a different mac adress.
                  So basically in my case, with 3 vlans, my phone will have a different mac adress based on which vlan it is connected to.
                  That means if im going to use it for presence detection for my phone, i need to add my phone 3 times to one event, to make sure it doesent matter which vlan im connected to.
                  I mean, this is not a problem at all, and maybe the way it has to be?

But my macbook is different, cause this macbook will have the same mac adress no matter what vlan it is connected to, cause it doesent have that "private adress" option.

Anyway, that was just for your interresst, if you didnt already know😊

I have one more question regards to this plugin.
                  Lets say the plugin already have synced all the devices from unifi, and some devices have not any Alias set for the Device name in Unifi web controller..
                  Then you go to Unifi web controller, and add an Alias name for one device, will this new Alias name be updated also in Homeseer?

Again, thank you for a great plugin, and fantastic support

Comment

Originally posted by frankis78 View Post
                    Lets say the plugin already have synced all the devices from unifi, and some devices have not any Alias set for the Device name in Unifi web controller..
                    Then you go to Unifi web controller, and add an Alias name for one device, will this new Alias name be updated also in Homeseer?
                    Not sure, but probably not. Perhaps you can test it?

You can always change the name from HS4 yourself, but setting it by the plugin might not be what everybody likes, as that means you can't change it from HS4 anymore.
                    stefxx

Comment

Actually it works exactly like i hoped.
                      It changes it in the client list, which is good, cause then the unifi client list and homeseer client list will stay the same.
                      But it doesent change HS device it self, so all is perfect.

Name:	2021-02-16_21-54-36.png
Views:	316
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	1456694

Comment

Ah, the client list in setup. Yes, that will pickup on a name change.
                        stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
                          With the help of frankis78 we have identified the issue. It is actually quite stupid (of me). All root devices created by the plugin uses the MAC address as HS4 address. For Client tracking, I also use the MAC address, but this time not for the root but for the feature. So I you create features for a device AND also add the device as a tracking device, well... we have a problem!
                          This issue has been fixed in the latest release version: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...es#post1450055

stefxx

Comment

Working...
                          X