Presence Detection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Presence Detection

I just wanted to share some thoughts in case other would like to use it this plugin for presence detection.
    Since i have 3 vlan, and on the iphone it changes the mac adresses based on which ssid it is connected to, i made some event to trigger off and on a virtual device.

But i just figured out that offline is offline, and online is not online. Online is Online + the ap it is connected to.
    So my away event that is triggered on offline worked perfect, but i had to write the online event different

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-02-23_19-55-13.png
Views:	180
Size:	351.9 KB
ID:	1458344

And here you can see the old and new way. As i said, online is not online 😉 (I had to set it to any value and with condition that it is not offline)

Name:	2021-02-23_19-52-32.png
Views:	163
Size:	262.9 KB
ID:	1458345

Hi! Thanks for sharing. Yes, Online <> Online

Only if a device is online, but unknown to which switch/access point, the status will be "Online".
    stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
      Hi! Thanks for sharing. Yes, Online <> Online

Only if a device is online, but unknown to which switch/access point, the status will be "Online".
      Yes i figured out that😁
      I found out that the roule would be long if i should consider also what accesspoint it is connected to, so therefor i selected any status + condition if it is not equal to offline.
      Works flawless😊😊

Name:	2021-02-23_20-56-46.png
Views:	162
Size:	230.7 KB
ID:	1458358

Comment

Many thanks for sharing.... this is one of the next task to sort out....

Devoir

Comment

Working...
        X