Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pcgirl65
    replied
    wpiman I think this is the best way to do it!

Leave a comment:

• wpiman
    replied
    I know this isn't the newest thread; but I recently upgraded this plugin to HS4 and I am working on the prescence detection.

If you have Spud's Easy Trigger plugin installed, it should make creating events like this a little easier and readable. It has a "was" and "transitions to" condition built in.

Basically, this watch will have a value of Zero when not home and > 0 when home. I forgot the way to type infinity into the range top.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 7.03.44 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	54.5 KB ID:	1594588

Leave a comment:

• gregoryx
    replied
    Originally posted by pcgirl65 View Post
    Don't the iphones that are using the Private settings change their MAC address though and this causes unifi to create a new device?
    Indeed. Basically, our approach is to reward our users for making is NOT a private MAC - then it doesn't change. This is a setting per-WiFi; but is nice to just have disabled for home WiFi (and enabled elsewhere) so not to need to track the changes /when/ they change. Easier for me to say, "oh... lights turned off on you? just turn off the Private MAC thing and the lights will stay on."

Leave a comment:

• vasrc
    replied
    I had the same issue of the MAC changing, but someone here reminded me that (at least for the Iphones), the private MAC selection is PER each individual Wifi network, so I do NOT do private MAC for my home network and I'm comfortable with that.

Leave a comment:

• pcgirl65
    replied
    Don't the iphones that are using the Private settings change their MAC address though and this causes unifi to create a new device?

Leave a comment:

• gregoryx
    replied
    All current Apple and Google phones we've seen have the private MAC thing. Best solution I've found is using the lack of phone presence to shut the lights off sooner. Reminds folks pretty quick that they want to have the device MAC address or the room lights shut off.

Mobile Detection sets a virtual device for each user
    Click image for larger version

Name:	HS Presence Mobile Garrett Away.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	1546927

Motion detection sets virtual device for motion for each room

Name:	HS Presence Motion Garrett No Motion.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	1546928

Then Presence Action turns off lights - two separate Events for mobile in or out (only difference duration to off)

Name:	HS Presence Action Garrett Light off.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	1546929

Short timers when mobile isn't detected can be an issue if friends are present while user isn't... but it's an improvement. 🤷‍♀️
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• stefxx
    replied
    Again, I don't have any Apple devices here so I might be completely wrong, but...

All devices I tested with private/random MAC addressing, always keep the same (initially random) address for a wireless network. Until you manually "forget" the network and reconnect.

Maybe perhaps instead of trying to "fix" this issue on your phones, try to use the random address and see if the MAC address remains during firmware upgrades etc.

Leave a comment:

• pcgirl65
    replied
    I am wondering if anybody has figured out how to get around the iphone private IP thing. I had turned this feature off on all the iphones but when they do an update, they seem to turn it back on. I am finding it difficult to track presence using unifi and iphones. Any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• frankis78
    replied
    Originally posted by pcgirl65 View Post
    frankis78 How do you not get notified every time the phone changes to another AP? In your event if the phone has it's value set to Any Value but not Offline, then when it changes to a different AP, wouldn't it alert you again?
    I have 2 event for each phone, where it check if the phone is connected to any of the vlans or not (I have 3 vlans)
    So basically it doesent matter if the phone is connected to this or that AP.
    When phone is seen on any of these vlans it turns on the virtual switch.

And it is the virtual switch i use further in the home and away event.

Name:	2022-02-28_10-11-09.png
Views:	446
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	1529661

Name:	2022-02-28_10-11-57.png
Views:	425
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	1529662

Leave a comment:

• pcgirl65
    replied
    frankis78 How do you not get notified every time the phone changes to another AP? In your event if the phone has it's value set to Any Value but not Offline, then when it changes to a different AP, wouldn't it alert you again?

Leave a comment:

• stefxx
    replied
    Have you tried googling? Again, I don't have any Apple devices but a simple search give me plenty options to try: https://www.google.com/search?q=ipho...sconnect+sleep

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• pcgirl65
    replied
    I wonder how we can get around this issue then?

Leave a comment:

• huggy591
    replied
    Phones put the wifi to sleep to save power. It appears to drop off the network, from the network side of things.

Leave a comment:

• frankis78
    replied
    Have you checked if your phone has got a new device due to the private setting under wifi
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211227

Leave a comment:

• stefxx
    replied
    Not really. Maybe this helps? https://www.imobie.com/support/wifi-...-is-locked.htm

Note: I do not own any Apple devices so if I say something stupid you know why

Leave a comment:

Working...
X