I/O interface Unifi is down, executable is not running, restarting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi.

Seems this issue is back with 4.0.10.0. Status: CRITICAL: Plugin has disconnected.

Log:
    Code:
    Plugin Unifi with ID: Unifi and Instance: has disconnected
    Starting Plug-In
    Plugin Unifi started successfully in 6 milliseconds
    Initialization of Unifi version 4.0.10.0 complete
    Starting Plug-In
    Initializing plugin Unifi ...
    Plugin Unifi with instance Unifi has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:49964
    I/O interface Unifi is down, executable is not running, restarting ...
    And that block is repeated every minute.

The plugin starts fine as long as its "empty". When I add my Unifi Controller (which works fine with MeiUniFi), it crashes and won't come up anymore.

Any idea what could be wrong there?

Alex

Comment

With the help of akurz I've identified the issue. The auto-detect routine (used during initial setup, to detect UCK/UDM vs Software controller) failed when using a non-standard port.

The fix will be deployed with the next stable release. If you run into this issue and need this fix now, let me know.

Thanks akurz !
      stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
        With the help of akurz I've identified the issue. The auto-detect routine (used during initial setup, to detect UCK/UDM vs Software controller) failed when using a non-standard port.

The fix will be deployed with the next stable release. If you run into this issue and need this fix now, let me know.

Thanks akurz !
        Glad I could help! Very cool plugin, now that it's running for me 🙂

Cheers,
        Alex

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post

Thanks akurz !
          I'm actually running into this issue. Would I be able to get a fix before the next release?

Comment

Hi! I am already testing some new functions, and put a beta version in the updater that also includes this fix. Let me know if that works for you!
            stefxx

Comment

I had the same issue with the most current release and I have fixed it by renaming Unifi_UDM.Log and restarting the plugin. Here are some details:

In March I have installed free 30-day version and I run it for a month. Last week, after waiting few months hoping for a promotion/discount, I have purchased a paid version. :-) I have installed it without deleting a free version and didn't have to add a new controller. Either it was a pure coincidence or old log file from a free version somehow was interfering. Once file was renamed, plugin immediately created new log and all errors were gone. As a side note, this plugin is generating really large log files. Old log file was 75GB. New log file is already 40GB after just few days. Plugin debug logging is off.

Win 10, HS4 Pro 4.1.18.0, Unifi plugin 4.0.13.0

Otherwise, fantastic plugin.

Jack

Comment

Hi jackmikol , thanks for reporting this. It seems like you still have some of the logging enabled. Please disable all, since that is only required for troubleshooting. The amount of data received from Unifi is huge, and so is the logging. And inevitably, there comes a point where the logfile becomes too large...

Let me know if that helps. Thanks!
                stefxx

Comment

Thanks! I had all but Debug logging on but I just turned them off. I don't remember turning them on but I may have done it when playing with a free version.

Not only the plugin is fantastic but I truly appreciate your immediate responses and fixes.

Jack

Comment

Working...
                  X