LCD Text G4 Doorbell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LCD Text G4 Doorbell

Does the LCD Text option work on the Doorbell? I am trying to set it up so when someone's phone connects the Doorbell Welcomes them on the LCD of the Doorbell. But in the control device options, it's not showing up even when it's turned on in the settings. Thanks.

Hi!

It works for me. Make sure the firmware of your Doorbell is recent, since there have been a few changes recently on this. Also, make sure you are running the latest version of the plugin.

What settings did you enable? You will also need "Type" to set it to custom.

Thanks!
    stefxx

Comment

I'm running the latest. Where is "type"?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you see this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-03-25 165407.png
Views:	402
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	1465257

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-03-25 165657.png
Views:	398
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	1465258
        stefxx

Comment

And what version of the plugin are you using? If you have installed a beta, a newer release version might not show up automatically.
          stefxx

Comment

I am running the latest beta. Just upgraded 2 min ago. It's not showing the text or type option on the device

Comment

Could you toggle type and text once more? It should (re)create the missing features.
              stefxx

Comment

Oh and please use the device list view, not the grid view (top right, just below the search box).
                stefxx

Comment

I toggled the options but still the device only shows duration

Comment

Can you click on the LCD Duration feature, select the "Unifi" tab and copy the JSON file shown? It might contain information some might consider private (SSID, MAC, IP etc) so you might want to prefer sending it using a PM.

Please copy the JSON completely, leaving the structure in place. Preferably not a screenshot.

Thanks!
                    stefxx

Comment

Also, does the LCD text work if you try to change it from the Unifi Protect system?
                      stefxx

Comment

Interesting. The lcdMessage section is empty. For my doorbell, it is always filled with the current info. Must be a firmware difference.

Either way, I've tried to work around that. Please try the latest beta and let me know. Thanks!
                        stefxx

Comment

OK, The device now lets me send a custom text to the doorbell. But It doesn't let me put custom text in my event.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi, I assumed if it can be set on a device, it can be set with an event as well. For some reason, setting text and hitting "submit" is not something that can be done with an event.

Let me look into this and figure out a solution.
                            stefxx

Comment

To resolve this shortcoming in HS4, I created a special event action. Beta 4.0.8.5 has support for the new "Unifi Protect Doorbell LCD" action that should do exactly what you are looking for.

Let me know how this works for you. Thanks again!
                              stefxx

Comment

Working...
                              X