Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Yes it is a bit odd but thought I should point it out to you to see if it helps as I have been through the confusion already.

Have fun.

Leave a comment:

• stefxx
    replied
    Yes, I see now. Poor design... What is the use of setiomulti if the change is already made. Completely opposite of the way it works with values.

Anyway, I've learned something new today. Thanks for that!

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Yes, I think I now remember having to do something like if CC.ControlValue is blank then look up the device string as this is set by the event then do what you want with it that way!
    I didn't say it was easy I was just pointing out it is possible

Leave a comment:

• stefxx
    replied
    I tested again, and it actually does trigger setiomulti. However, CC.ControlString is empty?

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    The user should be able to set the device control and the status in the same action so it triggers the change in your plugin as this is how I do it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Event.PNG
Views:	42
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	1465591

Greig.

Leave a comment:

• stefxx
    replied
    Hi enigmatheatre , thanks for that. However, that doesn't resolve the issue because it just sets the device string. It doesn't trigger a change in the plugin framework. I need to be able to "catch" the change in order to act on it. If you set the feature in the device view and hit "submit", it can be catched.

That is why I had to revert to an event action.

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Originally posted by stefxx View Post
    To resolve this shortcoming in HS4!
    I do not believe this is a shortcoming in HS4 as you can set the string of a device in an event but you have to go to Advanced options of the event when setting the device and check Enable Advanced Features then you have the option of setting the string. I had the same problem when trying to set a string and was told not many people use this feature and it was the same in HS3 so it is staying like this as an advanced feature.

Leave a comment:

• dtortora@gmail.com
    replied
    Looks like it's working. I'm gonna have to do some more testing, but it's looking good.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• stefxx
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-03-26 225858.png
Views:	39
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	1465481

Leave a comment:

• stefxx
    replied
    To resolve this shortcoming in HS4, I created a special event action. Beta 4.0.8.5 has support for the new "Unifi Protect Doorbell LCD" action that should do exactly what you are looking for.

Let me know how this works for you. Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• stefxx
    replied
    Hi, I assumed if it can be set on a device, it can be set with an event as well. For some reason, setting text and hitting "submit" is not something that can be done with an event.

Let me look into this and figure out a solution.

Leave a comment:

• dtortora@gmail.com
    replied
    OK, The device now lets me send a custom text to the doorbell. But It doesn't let me put custom text in my event.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• stefxx
    replied
    Interesting. The lcdMessage section is empty. For my doorbell, it is always filled with the current info. Must be a firmware difference.

Either way, I've tried to work around that. Please try the latest beta and let me know. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• stefxx
    replied
    Also, does the LCD text work if you try to change it from the Unifi Protect system?

Leave a comment:

• stefxx
    replied
    Can you click on the LCD Duration feature, select the "Unifi" tab and copy the JSON file shown? It might contain information some might consider private (SSID, MAC, IP etc) so you might want to prefer sending it using a PM.

Please copy the JSON completely, leaving the structure in place. Preferably not a screenshot.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X