Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latency for this plugin?

Hello HomeSeer, UniFi users.

I am strongly considering joining the HomeSeer community. For my use, UniFi Protect is one of the major feature. I currently have Homebridge,Home Assistant and Hubitat. The last one I haven't touched since the week I purchased it about a year ago. But Homebridge has very responsive UniFi Protect to the point, it is identical to officially Homekit supported (via Hub) Arlo video cameras. It always responds within 1-10 seconds, usually 3 seconds or so. Home Assistant on the other hand takes almost always 10 seconds, or sometime longer to play live video. This is only after click the video on Homekit and then Video stream screen open and finally hit start play. However, I like Home Assistant for its feature as it allows me to turn on/off the UniFi Camera motion recording mode at certain time, which is not supported at all with Homebridge.

I am hoping Home Seer UniFi plugin will:
    1. Allow turn on/off motion recording
    2. Capture Door push event and allow me to create automation to ring to speakers of my choice
    3. Have low latency like Homebridge

I know there is free trial for Home Seer but I don't think this plugin has trial. So I have decided to ask the community.

Thank you very much

Hi! Thanks for your interest in my plugin!

Originally posted by Mugen View Post
    I am hoping Home Seer UniFi plugin will:
    1. Allow turn on/off motion recording
    2. Capture Door push event and allow me to create automation to ring to speakers of my choice
    3. Have low latency like Homebridge

I know there is free trial for Home Seer but I don't think this plugin has trial. So I have decided to ask the community.
    1. Yes
    2. Doorbell push event I assume? Yes.
    3. The plugin is based on websockets, push only. So near realtime.

And this plugin has also a 30 day trial, so I strongly suggest you give it a try.

Good luck!
    stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
      Hi! Thanks for your interest in my plugin!

1. Yes
      2. Doorbell push event I assume? Yes.
      3. The plugin is based on websockets, push only. So near realtime.

And this plugin has also a 30 day trial, so I strongly suggest you give it a try.

Good luck!
      Thank you very much. I did not there are 30 day trials on plugins. That sound perfectly reasonable. I will give a try.

Comment

Please forgive my ignorance. How do I view live video on HomeSeer with UniFi plugin?

Comment

You configure camera's directly into HS4. You don't even need this plugin for that.

Configure your Unifi Protect for RTSP and go to setup/cameras. If you also want snapshot capabilities, you need to connect directly to the camera (and make sure to enable this on the cameras web interface).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	218
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	1465609
          stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
            You configure camera's directly into HS4. You don't even need this plugin for that.

Configure your Unifi Protect for RTSP and go to setup/cameras. If you also want snapshot capabilities, you need to connect directly to the camera (and make sure to enable this on the cameras web interface).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	218
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	1465609
            Thank you. It seems like RTSP streaming is not working. But using your guide I got Snap shot working.

Thanks again

Comment

Great. RTSP is working for me, but I remember another user having issues with RTSP. What version of the Protect system are you using? And what version of HS4?

I use 1.18.0-beta6 and 4.1.14.0. I suggest to report an issue with HS4 if the problem persists.
              stefxx

Comment

I am on UDM Pro with Protect version 1.17.4 (the latest stable). HS4 version, I believe is the latest 4.1.14 Linux version, which I tried on both Ubuntsu and Docker.

I am now curious if I got this all wrong conceptually. I assumed RTSP will allow true live stream for viewing camera. But perhaps, is RTSP used only for 10 seconds recording? Then snapshot is for live streaming i.e. very low frame rate type streaming?

Because if I delete RTSP link, I can't record video but if I put RTSP link I can. So I surmise it is being used and processed. But Viewing live video is looks like one static image after another in quick succession.

Comment

Hi,

I use HS4 on Windows. Never tried cameras with HS4 for linux. And when I start a recording from an event (for any kind of duration) it is using the RTSP feed. Live streaming you refer to the HS4 web interface I assume? That seems to be using the snap indeed.

I suggest you take this discussion to a more generic HS4 subforum. Cameras are not specific to Unifi.
                  stefxx

Comment

Thank you. I got confirmation from other user on generic forum. It is indeed how HS4 works. The text seemed slightly counterintuitive for new user but what HS4 does I think logically reasonable. Thank you again. I will continue playing with HS4 and if I decided to purchase HS4, I'd certainly will be purchasing your plugins!

Comment

Working...
                    X