Unifi Plugin - Ideas on Use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unifi Plugin - Ideas on Use?

So I bought the plugin yesterday, and it is working well. I am wondering, though, what can I use it for? I don't have the Unifi Doorbell or the Unifi Protect. Any suggestions or use cases anyone can share would be appreciated.

Thanks! I guess you can do whatever you like, but for starters you could monitor your system, monitor your internet connection, get notified when a firmware update is available etc.

I control the LED of my Access Point in the hallway, so I can use it as night lights

I'll leave it up to others what they have come up with!
    stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by DLONG2 View Post
      So I bought the plugin yesterday, and it is working well. I am wondering, though, what can I use it for? I don't have the Unifi Doorbell or the Unifi Protect. Any suggestions or use cases anyone can share would be appreciated.
      You can set-up Firmware update schedule.

---
      John

Comment

Good suggestions and thanks, as otherwise I'll look at the Unifi GUI once every 3 weeks or so, and updates are one of the tasks to look for.

How about individual clients? Are there any useful and practical things there? With a AMZN Ring doorbell, there aren't any hooks that I could see for an event trigger, but that would be nice. Likewise, the AT&T alarm system is closed to automation, but if there were a spike in data use then that could be useful.

Comment

Off course I am also using the client tracking, so I know if anyone is home and I can set my devices accordingly!

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...atus-explained
          stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by DLONG2 View Post
            Good suggestions and thanks, as otherwise I'll look at the Unifi GUI once every 3 weeks or so, and updates are one of the tasks to look for.

How about individual clients? Are there any useful and practical things there? With a AMZN Ring doorbell, there aren't any hooks that I could see for an event trigger, but that would be nice. Likewise, the AT&T alarm system is closed to automation, but if there were a spike in data use then that could be useful.
            I did set-up an event in HS that warns me in case a Unifi device has a FW update. A counter will start and if the delay time is reached the Unifi devices are updated on a time that will not influence the user experience or tasks running on the network.

---
            John

Comment

Working...
            X