X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDM VPN Users?

Can the PI track VPN users on the UDM?
    RJ_Make On YouTube

Not sure what you are looking for exactly, and I never tried that for VPN users. It can do client tracking (which is based on MAC address), would that work? If VPN users show up in the client table, it should work.

If I misunderstood, please elaborate on your requirements and I will look into it.
    stefxx

Comment

UDM >> Insights > Remote User VPN

These connection don't appear to be visible under the client list (at least not in the UI), but do appear under the above path.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-06-06_5-41-36.png
Views:	590
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	1478198
      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Thanks. I don't have a UDM (using a Cloud Key Gen2 Plus with a USG3) so things might be a bit different.

If you go to the clients tab >> filter >> connection >> VPN clients >> enable VPN (see below), does that show your VPN users? If so, I would expect those users also to be visible from the UNifi plugin, setup, clients tab.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-06-06 114739.png
Views:	655
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	1478202
        stefxx

Comment

It does, I'll download and check it out. Thanks
          RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Great. Let me know if/how this works for you!
            stefxx

Comment

Ok, I have things setup and it appears the VPN users are not being picked up. Does the PI require a MAC address to be present? I've noticed there doesn't appear to be a MAC address associated with VPN Users.
              RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Let me setup a VPN and do some testing.
                stefxx

Comment

Thank You.
                  RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

I am trying to setup a simple VPN tunnel for testing; and it has been a while since I used a VPN but I can't get it to work. How hard can it be? Just a simple PPTP or L2TP tunnel...
                    stefxx

Comment

Finally found it. Radius issues, followed this solution: https://community.ui.com/questions/L...c-d5534107587d

Now I can start looking into VPN users
                      stefxx

Comment

Oh, sorry about that. I forgot is was a buster to get it setup and working. The good thing is, at least on the UDM, once it's up and working, it stays working.
                        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Unfortunately it isn't part of the regular client tracking.

Retrieving the list of VPN users with their status is easy. However, I cannot find any event being triggered when a user connects or disconnects. Almost every other action triggers an event except this. The whole plugin is based around events, I really don't want to implement polling for this
                          stefxx

Comment

I have a feeling this is simply not fully implemented yet in the Unifi controller. Selecting VPN in the client list also breaks the right details window, the layout is weird, and as I stated before, no events.

Please remind me to look at this again in a few months. Hopefully Unifi will improve this to be more in line with everything else in the controller.
                            stefxx

Comment

How does the PI get updates if polling is not being used?

I noticed that some things, like the client list for one, does not update (at least not over a 15-20 min period) when a change is made on the UDM. Whenever I delete "Forget" an entry, OR when a new client is added I have to restart the PI for it to pick those entries up. Refreshing the PI's Client list will not display them. (again over a 15-20 min time period)

RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Working...
                              X