No announcement yet.

UDM VPN Users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The plugin subscribes to a few websockets, which the controller uses to push all changes to the plugin. Similar to what happens in the Unifi GUI. That will not only prevent a lot of unnecessary polling but also ensures changes are being updated in the plugin as soon as possible.

Downside is that I have to catch all the events (there are a lot of them!) and act on it accordingly. There could always be a change or something I forgot or something undocumented, but in reality it works quite well. I will do some testing with the client list to see if I can replicate and hopefully fix/enhance the experience. Restarting the plugin should not be necessary in my perfect world
    stefxx

Comment

You are right, a "forget" event (user:delete) was not implemented. It is now, thanks! Forgetting a device will immediately remove the client from the (next version of the) plugin..

What updates to a client do you make that do not propagate into the plugin? And how do you add a new client to the plugin? As far as I can see and test, that works just fine for me.

Thanks!!
      stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
        What updates to a client do you make that do not propagate into the plugin? And how do you add a new client to the plugin? As far as I can see and test, that works just fine for me.
        Thanks!!
        These are the testing steps for new client.

1) Shut down client
        2) Delete client from UDM and wait a bit
        3) Restart PI (confirm client is no longer present in Client List).
        4) Turn client back on and wait...

New client never shows up, and I have to restart the PI to have it display.

I've only done this twice, back to back. (different clients) so perhaps it's an intermittent anomaly.

RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Thanks. I've tried it twice as well and it still works for me. Maybe I fixed it accidentality already?

Beta 4.0.12.2 is available, which contains 2 changes to the client list; 1) forget device should now work instantly and 2) only device seen in the last 7 days will show (to avoid extreme long client lists some users experienced). 7 days is the same as the Unifi controller GUI shows, so that makes it more consistent as well.

Thanks! Bedtime here for me now!
          stefxx

Comment

Great, Thanks for all your help.
            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Wow. Just did some additional testing if there really wasn't a way to get the VPN users. But even with polling the information I get is incomplete and/or missing half of the time
              stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
                Wow. Just did some additional testing if there really wasn't a way to get the VPN users. But even with polling the information I get is incomplete and/or missing half of the time
                That does not surprise me.
                RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Working...
                X