X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ServiceXp
    replied
    Originally posted by stefxx View Post
    Wow. Just did some additional testing if there really wasn't a way to get the VPN users. But even with polling the information I get is incomplete and/or missing half of the time
    That does not surprise me.

Leave a comment:

• stefxx
    replied
    Wow. Just did some additional testing if there really wasn't a way to get the VPN users. But even with polling the information I get is incomplete and/or missing half of the time

Leave a comment:

• ServiceXp
    replied
    Great, Thanks for all your help.

Leave a comment:

• stefxx
    replied
    Thanks. I've tried it twice as well and it still works for me. Maybe I fixed it accidentality already?

Beta 4.0.12.2 is available, which contains 2 changes to the client list; 1) forget device should now work instantly and 2) only device seen in the last 7 days will show (to avoid extreme long client lists some users experienced). 7 days is the same as the Unifi controller GUI shows, so that makes it more consistent as well.

Thanks! Bedtime here for me now!

Leave a comment:

• ServiceXp
    replied
    Originally posted by stefxx View Post
    What updates to a client do you make that do not propagate into the plugin? And how do you add a new client to the plugin? As far as I can see and test, that works just fine for me.
    Thanks!!
    These are the testing steps for new client.

1) Shut down client
    2) Delete client from UDM and wait a bit
    3) Restart PI (confirm client is no longer present in Client List).
    4) Turn client back on and wait...

New client never shows up, and I have to restart the PI to have it display.

I've only done this twice, back to back. (different clients) so perhaps it's an intermittent anomaly.

Leave a comment:

• stefxx
    replied
    You are right, a "forget" event (user:delete) was not implemented. It is now, thanks! Forgetting a device will immediately remove the client from the (next version of the) plugin..

What updates to a client do you make that do not propagate into the plugin? And how do you add a new client to the plugin? As far as I can see and test, that works just fine for me.

Thanks!!

Leave a comment:

• stefxx
    replied
    The plugin subscribes to a few websockets, which the controller uses to push all changes to the plugin. Similar to what happens in the Unifi GUI. That will not only prevent a lot of unnecessary polling but also ensures changes are being updated in the plugin as soon as possible.

Downside is that I have to catch all the events (there are a lot of them!) and act on it accordingly. There could always be a change or something I forgot or something undocumented, but in reality it works quite well. I will do some testing with the client list to see if I can replicate and hopefully fix/enhance the experience. Restarting the plugin should not be necessary in my perfect world

Leave a comment:

• ServiceXp
    replied
    How does the PI get updates if polling is not being used?

I noticed that some things, like the client list for one, does not update (at least not over a 15-20 min period) when a change is made on the UDM. Whenever I delete "Forget" an entry, OR when a new client is added I have to restart the PI for it to pick those entries up. Refreshing the PI's Client list will not display them. (again over a 15-20 min time period)

Leave a comment:

• stefxx
    replied
    I have a feeling this is simply not fully implemented yet in the Unifi controller. Selecting VPN in the client list also breaks the right details window, the layout is weird, and as I stated before, no events.

Please remind me to look at this again in a few months. Hopefully Unifi will improve this to be more in line with everything else in the controller.

Leave a comment:

• stefxx
    replied
    Unfortunately it isn't part of the regular client tracking.

Retrieving the list of VPN users with their status is easy. However, I cannot find any event being triggered when a user connects or disconnects. Almost every other action triggers an event except this. The whole plugin is based around events, I really don't want to implement polling for this

Leave a comment:

• ServiceXp
    replied
    Oh, sorry about that. I forgot is was a buster to get it setup and working. The good thing is, at least on the UDM, once it's up and working, it stays working.

Leave a comment:

• stefxx
    replied
    Finally found it. Radius issues, followed this solution: https://community.ui.com/questions/L...c-d5534107587d

Now I can start looking into VPN users

Leave a comment:

• stefxx
    replied
    I am trying to setup a simple VPN tunnel for testing; and it has been a while since I used a VPN but I can't get it to work. How hard can it be? Just a simple PPTP or L2TP tunnel...

Leave a comment:

• ServiceXp
    replied
    Thank You.

Leave a comment:

• stefxx
    replied
    Let me setup a VPN and do some testing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X