Feature Request Related to Client Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request Related to Client Information

Now that I've added a client, Would it be possible to add the following information.

1) Last Seen (the device in HS last update does not track with the UDM's last seen date/time).
    2) IP Address.
    3) Mac Address.

Not sure if this is possible but graphing of time on line would be a fantastic. This would also be good for the Uni devices also (Temp, Power, Etc.)

RJ_Make On YouTube

Hi,

All the information is there. I could probably update the HS4 feature last date/time with last seen from Unifi, not a bad idea.

How would you envision the presentation of the other data? Creating several features for the same client is probably not very intuitive. Note that the HS4 feature address is equal to the MAC address, so that is already available. I could off course put all the information in the feature status (device string) but I am not sure how useful that will be. Or embed it into the feature hidden so it can be accessed with a script function. Anything is possible... but what makes sense?

Or I could create a root device for every tracking client and create features below that with the information... That would be easiest but unsure if others like that as well.
    stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
      Hi,

All the information is there. I could probably update the HS4 feature last date/time with last seen from Unifi, not a bad idea.

How would you envision the presentation of the other data? Creating several features for the same client is probably not very intuitive. Note that the HS4 feature address is equal to the MAC address, so that is already available. I could off course put all the information in the feature status (device string) but I am not sure how useful that will be. Or embed it into the feature hidden so it can be accessed with a script function. Anything is possible... but what makes sense?

Or I could create a root device for every tracking client and create features below that with the information... That would be easiest but unsure if others like that as well.
      That is what I was thinking. The root would be the client connected/disconnected, and add the features (mentioned above) below for the other information. That way if a user doesn't want the data, they could simply delete what they don't care about. (Assuming this is possible).

RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Still not sure what to do with this. So in beta 4.0.12.4 the date/time will be reflected in the HS4 lastupdate feature. Also fixed a bug in 4.0.12.3 that prevented updating client info after restart of the plugin.

MAC address doesn't seem logic, since that will never change. So only IP address left. I don't think it will be worth the change.
        stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
          Still not sure what to do with this. So in beta 4.0.12.4 the date/time will be reflected in the HS4 lastupdate feature. Also fixed a bug in 4.0.12.3 that prevented updating client info after restart of the plugin.

MAC address doesn't seem logic, since that will never change. So only IP address left. I don't think it will be worth the change.
          That's unfortunate.

Personally, I think it's more useful to have access to the clients IP address then the AP it's connected to. Perhaps, instead of going down the root/features road, give the user the choice to return the AP or IP for the client?

That said, IMO the Root/Feature architecture seems better equipped to implement future requests.

Thanks for all your Help.

RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Let me think about it a bit more, as it requires quite a change in the setup, current device/feature architecture, and also it needs to be backwards compatible as much as possible.
            stefxx

Comment

Please try latest beta. Make sure to "Enable multiple properties per client".

Have fun and let me know how this works for you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	31
Size:	215.8 KB
ID:	1479214
              stefxx

Comment

Holy cow, that is perfection! THANK YOU!
                RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Working...
                X