Anyone willing to test?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stefxx View Post

I've seen the plugin crash when updating devices. Messing with the network configuration on a live system will always cause unpredictable results. However, it should restart and recover off course. If all devices completed the upgrade and the plugin still fails to start, something is really wrong!!
    That is exactly the case.
    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Cli output sent
      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Thanks. Can you try beta 12? A bit of a long shot. If it still crashes, can you send me the CLI output again?
        stefxx

Comment

The PI has an indicator of .13. Same results, sent cli logs
          RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

PI will not update UDMB OS or Network using the upgrade button.
            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Design Change Suggestion: A new debug file created whenever the option is turned off. I would have had a debug file to send, but it was 28 Gigs big. ( I turned it off then back on thinking a new, versioned file would be created).
              RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
                PI will not update UDMB OS or Network using the upgrade button.
                Mmmm.. I just upgraded the Network Application to 6.3.something using the plugin.
                stefxx

Comment

Mmmm.. I just upgraded the Network Application to 6.3.something using the plugin.
                  Neither worked for me, and I tried at least twice on both. (over a ~15 min wait)
                  RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Interesting. I wonder if Ubiquiti changed the upgrade process for the UDM - Again

If they keep changing it, I might remove this feature all together. I can't keep up. Let's wait if there is an update for the UCKG2 as well soon so I can see this for myself.

Device firmware upgrades are more stable luckily.
                    stefxx

Comment

Just checking, you are using the latest beta right? 4.0.12.16?
                      stefxx

Comment

Just checking, you are using the latest beta right? 4.0.12.16?
                        Yes
                        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Hi ServiceXp , I've found a little something on the Network/Protect firmware upgrade since the latest UnifiOS update. Made a small adjustment in beta 4.0.13.1.

I only tested it once (there was a beta update for both Network and Protect), but I am not sure if I fixed it for all situations. If you have the chance, let me know if this improves anything for you.

Thanks!
                          stefxx

Comment

AFAIK, everything (except UDM Updates) has been working well. What was the PI issue?
                            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

I remember you saying that network controller updates didn't work either?

The beta only has a very minor change in the actual update request call to the Unifi OS.
                              stefxx

Comment

I remember you saying that network controller updates didn't work either?

The beta only has a very minor change in the actual update request call to the Unifi OS.
                                That is correct, Firmware or OS updates don't work using the PI. For me it's not a problem as I've come to really appreciate looking deeply into these Unifi updates to the UDM before proceeding.
                                RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X