WARNING Unifi OS Update 1.11.0-14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WARNING Unifi OS Update 1.11.0-14

I updated my UDMB to1.11.0-14, and it removed all added portal and local users, (except for owner). To add to the problem, I can't get new local users to authenticate. (yes, the username and password is correct)

Just thought I'd pass this along. Not sure if I'm the only one with this problem or if it's effecting others.
    RJ_Make On YouTube

EDIT:

Ok this is strange stefxx , If the PI attempts to log-in and fails it appears it locks me out of logging on via the web interface.

This is preliminary, but it appears the PI is causing an issue with this new firmware.

I'll report back in a while
    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Great you got it working again!
      stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
        Great you got it working again!
        see post above..
        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Ah... I missed your edit. I have another report of login issues after this firmware here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...60#post1491660

Solution was to re-enter the password. I doesn't make any sense but doesn't hurt to try either I guess.
          stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
            Ah... I missed your edit. I have another report of login issues after this firmware here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...60#post1491660

Solution was to re-enter the password. I doesn't make any sense but doesn't hurt to try either I guess.
            Unfortunate, that is not working for me. Once the PI fails so many times to log-in, I get locked out of the UDM (using my local only PI credentials)

Also, I guess now is the time to talk about creating a log-in rate limit. It doesn't take for long for the lock out to occur, and it's like an hour +.
            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Ok, so this time I enter the credentials as fast as I could after I re-enabled the PI and it worked.

The log only showed 2 failed attempts, so we know the threshold for lock out is more then that.
              RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Yeah, a rate limit makes sense. But I just don't understand why re-entering the same password resolves a problem that shouldn't happen (and is still unknown to me) fixes it.

Did anything else change with this firmware, like the API URL or port number? I can't find any details on it but perhaps re-entering the credentials triggers a new auto detect on those...
                stefxx

Comment

I have found 2 references to a similar problem on the Unifi beta forum (note: you need to be logged in and have early access enabled):
                  https://community.ui.com/releases/Un...3-597e67fb18ec
                  https://community.ui.com/releases/Un...3-59fff80b143c

No solution found yet. Without a unit to play with it is kind of difficult to troubleshoot.
                  stefxx

Comment

Hmmmm, I use local only accounts to access my UDM with limited access. This also allows me to get around the 2FA on my Owner account.

I know exactly why it happened to me, the user account was longer there, so the PI spammed the log-in until it tripped some defense system on the UDM. I could not get the new login credentials entered before the PI would trip this defense. It wasn't until I realized what was happening, I very quickly added my new credentials and bamb, working.

RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

I've seen reports from users where all local users except admin were deleted by this update. That would cause issues with the plugin off course.

Anyway, the latest beta only tries to login once every 5 minutes. Hopefully that resolves the lockout issues.
                      stefxx

Comment

Working...
                      X