Getting false event triggers when Experience Level drops below 80%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting false event triggers when Experience Level drops below 80%

I created an event for each of my APs that triggers a push notification when the Experience level drops below 80%. Unfortunately, I keep getting false triggers. Often I get a notification and the Experience level is above 80 (anywhere from 80 - 100). Not sure what's going on, but wanted to flag this and see if anyone here could provide some insight.

Attached is a copy of my event details. As you can see I check that the level is below 80. I also exclude "Unknown" value and there also must be at least one in the client count.

Any ideas? Thanks!
    Attached Files

Your event looks fine. According to the pushover message, what is the value of device 149 when the event triggers?
    stefxx

Comment

I took a screenshot of my phone with all my recent pushover messages. As you can see some of the messages are reporting correctly but the one highlights says 98%
      Attached Files

Comment

This is happening fairly often unfortunately.

Comment

What "Throttling" value have you configured in the Unifi setup? When disabled (set to 0), Experience is one of the values that can change extremely quickly, causing the event to trigger when <80 and already changes by the time the Pushover action runs.
          stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
            What "Throttling" value have you configured in the Unifi setup? When disabled (set to 0), Experience is one of the values that can change extremely quickly, causing the event to trigger when <80 and already changes by the time the Pushover action runs.
            Ah, interesting. Yeah, I don't have any throttling set. That would make sense. Anyway we could create the event so that it only triggers after number of times the value is below 80? That may average out the results and create less "false" triggers.

Comment

Maybe I could use Spud's easy trigger and do this:
              Unifi Garage Experience
              has been in range
              [0,79]
              for exactly
              00:15:00

Instead of was set and has a value below 80 (currently).

That way if it stays below the threshold then fire the notification. I'll give it a try and see if it eliminates the "false triggers".

Comment

Yes, I would recommend EasyTrigger for something like that. Looks like you have it covered!
                stefxx

Comment

Thanks stefxx. I'll report back if I'm still having issues.

Comment

So, unfortunately, I still got a couple of false triggers. Please see attached for my latest event setup and what I got as a notification.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Are you mixing up Den and Garage AP? Which device ref is 149 exactly?
                      stefxx

Comment

Yep. I'm embarrassed to say that this time around was user error. There is a bug with Push Notifications and Events that anytime you duplicate an event, it wipes the details from your push notification. So I was copying and pasting the last time around and forgot to update the device reference. So, hold my thought about it not working. Thanks stefxx

Comment

No worries, just trying to help. Hope it works now as expected!
                          stefxx

Comment

Always appreciate the help stefxx. No worries here either. So far, nothing reported. I'll keep an eye on it and report any updates (that are not user error 😉) here.

Comment

Working...
                            X