Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not updating and orphan devices

Hi,
    I'm running a UDM Pro, some switches and APs. Everything has been running really well but recently I've had all the switches, APs and clients become orphans in the Unifi Plugin settings, and some data in the UDM Pro is not updating like transmit, receive, load.

I haven't tracked exactly but possibly timing is linked to Unifi Network upgrade to 6.4.54.

HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 (Windows)
    Unifi Plugin 4.0.14.0

Orphan devices and clients
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Orphans.png
Views:	137
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	1501170
    UDM Pro settings from roughly User Count down don't seem to be udpating.

Click image for larger version

Name:	UDMPro.png
Views:	101
Size:	346.5 KB
ID:	1501171

Any ideas ?

UDM Base here, running 6.5.45 without any orphan issue ATM.
    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

I use 6.5.45 on a CloudKey Gen2+ and don't recognise those issues either. So probably not related to this version.

If a device is detected as Orphan, it means it has been configured before but is currently not found in the information received from Unifi Network. Are all devices and clients marked as Orphaned?

I assume you already tried to restart the plugin and/or HS4. Can you enable all logging including "logging to file" and restart the plugin? Let it run for a minute and stop logging again. Then PM me the logfile (note, it might contain personal information), the file can be found in the "Logs" directory of your HomeSeer installation.
      stefxx

Comment

Hi, thanks for the log. You are connecting just fine to your UDM, but are not receiving the data I am expecting.

Did you assign enough permissions to the Unifi user "HomeSeer"? I suspect a permission issue. Can you grant the "HomeSeer" user admin permissions to test?
        stefxx

Comment

Hi,
          Thanks, ended up Enabled Unfi Network was disabled.

In relations to permissions, I have the local account as Limted Admin with View Only for Network app. All seems to be working but I presume if I want to execute any of the actions like client Kick, switch/AP Restart that the user needs to be Administrator in Unifi, otherwise View Only is OK ?

Comment

I have never extensively tested the minimum required permissions. but your assumption sounds pretty accurate.
            stefxx

Comment

Working...
            X