Gen2 to Gen2+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gen2 to Gen2+

So I had a Gen2 cloud key previously, and have that still integrated into the HS4 even though the controller is powered down and not connected anymore. I upgraded to GEN2+ using a new IP address for the new controller,and am wondering what steps I need to take. The plug in really has no events crafted, so I am guessing it's okay to "Delete this UniFi System and all Connected HS4 Devices"? Or just "Delete this Unifi System"?

Then I am wondering how I had created a local user account before with the GEN2. Any pointers appreciated.

Hi, great questions. You have two options. Whatever you choose, I strongly recommend to make a backup of your HS4 system first!

1. "Delete this Unifi System and all connected device" will remove everything (assuming you only have one console). That will enable you to start fresh with your new system. Note that any references to existing Unifi features (events, scripts, HSTouch etc) will be lost.

2. Assuming you only replaced your CloudKey, and still have all other devices in use, you might also choose to use "Delete this Unifi System". That will preserve all HS4 devices/features, so references (events, scripts, HSTouch etc) will be saved. Also your choice of selected features will be preserved.

Then, add your CloudKey Gen2+ as a new Unifi System. Guidance for creating a local user can be found here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...34#post1500334

After adding your CKG2+ when using method 1, you will need to reselect all required features again from the Unifi config, and you'll need to recreate all references in events, scripts, HS4Toouch etc.

If you opted for method 2., you will need to remove the HS4 features pointing to your old CKG2. You can do this by going to the "Orphans" tab and click your old Unifi System. Or just remove the HS4 devices/features referencing your old CKG2.
    stefxx

Comment

Thanks. I guess what is confusing me is the 'Add User' feature within the cloud controller wants a first and last name, and there's no password field.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	add_user.png
Views:	74
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	1501336

Comment

It has to be a Super Admin or Limited Admin. Don't change to Member, that won't be sufficient for the plugin.

Then the password field will appear.
        stefxx

Comment

Success! Thanks again for your prompt service!

Comment

Working...
          X