Protect 1.20.0 recording action changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protect 1.20.0 recording action changes

Running a udm-se (2.2.12.1) and upgraded to protect 1.20.0. The recording actions have changed from smartdetect and motion to just “Detections”. When trying to excute recording actions from homeseer via the plugin, protect throws an http 400, bad request. Running plugin 4.0.16.0. Any ideas on updating the actions to match?

Hi! I updated this morning to Unifi Protect 1.20.0 and I haven't noticed anything strange yet. Can you be more specific in the actions you do that lead to unexpected behaviour?

Not sure what "recording actions from homeseer via the plugin" you are referring to.

Thanks!
    stefxx

Comment

When trying to enable recording using the motion or smartdetect buttons (pictured) , recording doesnt enable and these are the errors.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you. I've missed that!

Please install the latest plugin for an update/fix. Let me know if that works for you. Thanks again!
        stefxx

Comment

Don’t see the new version yet. Will install once its live. Still see 4.0.16.0 as latest.

Comment

It is available. But it won't show up as an update if you have a release version installed.

You'll have to go to the store and make sure "Show Beta Plugins" is enabled. Then search for Unifi and install the Beta manually.
            stefxx

Comment

Got it, just installed and seems to work great. Thanks for the quick fix.

Comment

I thought before when the recording status changed to motion or smart detect the recording status would change too. Now when the cameras are flipped to detection mode recording status still shows “off” until there is motion amd then it changed to on. Is there a way to track the current recording state such as “never”, “Always”, “detections”?
                Attached Files

Comment

To expand on the post above, it would be useful to have camera's show the recording status (on/off) but also the recording settings, or in the protect app its "when to record" such as never/always/detections. In the camera json it looks like its shown in values "isRecording" vs "recordingSettings -> mode".

For example, I have one HS event that enables/disables recording for certain cameras, but also another one that watches the recording settings and sets an indicator light if the cameras are recording or not. If someone enables recording directly in protect, the indicator would still be able to show the status of the camera since it could trigger off the recording mode. In 1.19.x, this used to work as the record mode used to be reflected in the recording status. Would it be possible to get a new camera value to show the recording mode?

Comment

Originally posted by dwolf725 View Post
                    I thought before when the recording status changed to motion or smart detect the recording status would change too.
                    No, it has always been like that. However, it is inconsistent with the rest of the plugin (setting one thing and showing another) so I split them into 2 features. I believe that also answer your last post.

I've kept the current feature to show recording on/off and removed the buttons. And created a new feature to set never/always/detection mode including the current setting. Note that that will break events setting the recording mode, sorry.

Please try latest beta and give me some feedback. Thanks!

stefxx

Comment

Finally installed, reset my events and it works great. Enabling/disabling recording via homeseer or protect gets picked up as expected. Also the events watching the recording state get rejiggered appropriately as well too. I have one more piece to test tomorrow but I suspect it will work.

Comment

Working...
                      X