Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replaced camera, now I’ve lost them all…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replaced camera, now I’ve lost them all…

So, we had a G4 doorbell kick the bucket. I replaced it while keeping the same name all is good in unifi protect. The plug-in shows the device disconnected, presumably looking at the old device. I remove the device using the delete orphan command and the device disappeared. I shut off the plug-in and reenable it again to see and try to re-create the device by turning the sliders back to blue for the affected camera, but it never recreates the device. I clicked every blue button I could find to refresh the devices with no luck. I even restarted Homeseer. Out of desperation I deleted the entire system and then added it back in using the wizard. Now every device is in the same state it still thinks the devices exist, but they have been removed from Homeseer so I’ve lost all my devices that were created originally by the Unifi plug-in. How can I re-create the Homeseer devices from a system and or a camera that was removed and now re-added?

Hi! The new doorbell should have been detected automatically, I will look into why that didn't happen. Off course it is a "new" doorbell so the old one must be removed (which you did) and the new one should simply appear and available to add/configure in the plugin. And even if the plugin failed to detect the new doorbell, a restart (which you also did) should have resolved that).

Anyway, lets see where we are with your configuration now. When you removed your system, did you select "Delete this UnifiSystem" or "Delete this Unifisystem and all connected HS4 devices"? The first option would have kept your device configuration, the second one would have removed everything so you then must start from scratch. Or restore, assuming there is a backup of HS4 somewhere we can use.

Either way, after adding your system again, does the first page of the setup show all "green" dots in the "Status" column? If not, we need to fix that first.

If the system is properly connected, do you see all your devices again in the setup? Including the new doorbell?
    stefxx

Comment

When I remove the system I also chose the option to remove the devices as well. I’m OK with setting it up again, I just can’t get any of the devices back at the moment. On the status page after the wizard was run all the dots are green. For any device if I attempt to turn on or off one of the settings, I will see an associated message in the log such as “Received value change for device not present in cache: 2782”

Comment

I was able to get the devices back, but it was not ideal. What I did was removed the system again. I restarted Homeseer (I am not sure if this required), then this time when I added the system back I changed the "Display name" to something different. The devices all then added.

Comment

Sorry for the bad experience. I have never seen that error before and I don't have a clue what it means. I am quite certain it is being generated by HS4, but why?? I suspect that the HS4 restart might have resolved it.

Did you use any special name for the system when it didn't work?
          stefxx

Comment

I had restarted several times beforehand with no luck. The old device name was NVR and the new device name was CICCONE when adding back into the plugin via the wizard. I think those names would be OK. No special characters. I think the key here, for reasons unknown, was changing the device name when adding back in. No idea why the new camera did not add either, except it was also the same name as the old one. In this case "Front Door". It's good now, but maybe if someone else brings this up again it would be worth looking into.

Comment

Thanks. I will do some attempts to reproduce, but I can't see anything obvious that have caused all of this. Especially the “Received value change for device not present in cache" error is very strange. But I am glad you made it work again!

If you have any other issues or questions let me know.
              stefxx

Comment

Working...
              X