Poll Unifi Protect (UNVR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll Unifi Protect (UNVR)

Is it possible to have the Unifi plugin poll the Unifi server every X? Every time I either restart Unifi Protect and or update, I would lose the cameras on the plugin. I would need to remember to restart the plugin and then all is well.

Edit: I said poll as I don't know how this plugin connects to the Unifi server.

Hi! This should have been fixed already in the latest beta versions. Can you install the latest beta and report back? Thanks!
    stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by neles86 View Post
      Is it possible to have the Unifi plugin poll the Unifi server every X? Every time I either restart Unifi Protect and or update, I would lose the cameras on the plugin. I would need to remember to restart the plugin and then all is well.

Edit: I said poll as I don't know how this plugin connects to the Unifi server.
      THe update issue can be solved using jon00;s plugin enable/disable utility. Just add an event that in case of a new FW install will disable and enable the plugin.

I don't own protect so I'm not sure that there is a device that you can use in case Unifi protect is restarted.

---
      John

Comment

Ah ok. I'm running 4.0.23.8 but I don't think I've updated since. I'll keep an eye out next time. Thanks!

Comment

Great, you have the latest and greatest already. Let me know if it still happens next time you update Protect.

BTW, do your motion events work fine? I have a (single) user reports claiming camera motion events do not work properly with this beta, however I cannot reproduce it.
          stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
            Great, you have the latest and greatest already. Let me know if it still happens next time you update Protect.

BTW, do your motion events work fine? I have a (single) user reports claiming camera motion events do not work properly with this beta, however I cannot reproduce it.
            To be honest, I currently only use the plugin for the Unifi doorbell trigger events which works well. I will test out motion and report back.

Comment

Just created and tested a motion event using my doorbell and works well.

Comment

Thanks you, appreciate it!
                stefxx

Comment

Working...
                X