Unifi Camera Person Detection no longer feeding Alexa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unifi Camera Person Detection no longer feeding Alexa

I have HS4 running on a RPi 4B and I am using Person detection on my UNIFI G4 cameras to trigger voice announcements on Alexa with Voice Monkey. It had been running well for months until I did a Unifi Protect update a couple of days ago. The camera Person Detection is working, and the Voice Monkey portion is working. I have tried restarting Unifi Protect, Homeseer and the plug-in with no change. The camera motion events to do show up in the Homeseer log. I am running Homeseer Version: 4.2.8.0, but I am reluctant to update in case I create more issues. I could use some suggestions to get this working again.

What version of the plugin are you using? I made some changes specifically for Protect 2.1.1 in the latest betas of the plugin, so I suggest to start there. Install the latest UniFi plugin beta (4.0.23.10 or later) and see if that helps.
    stefxx

Comment

I did update your plugin when I started to troubleshoot. It is now 4.0.23.0. I had forgotten where to find Beta versions, but I just now installed it and all is well again. Thanks.

Comment

Great. That reminds me that I should publish this beta to release, now that Protect 2.1.1 is out. Thanks!
        stefxx

Comment

Hey - Just upgraded to 4.0.24.10 after seeing this post as my person detection to text had quit working after 2.1.1 Protect upgrade.... Now seeing critical: plugin disconnected. anything specific i should be aware of on upgrade?

Comment

Hi schoss, sorry about that. I must have missed something.

Assuming you are running Windows, can you stop the plugin, open a "Command Prompt", change the directory to your HomeSeer directory (ie "cd \Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4") and run "HSPI_Unifi.exe"? When it crashes, please make a screenshot and post it here.

Thanks!
            stefxx

Comment

Turns out the plugin is using a HS4 function available only in HS4 4.2.9.0 and up. Upgrading HS4 solved the issue for schoss. If anyone has a similar issue, please upgrade your HS4 first.

Thanks!
              stefxx

Comment

Thanks stefxx for your amazing support and quick help.

Comment

Working...
                X