Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safe to delete device/features after removing switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safe to delete device/features after removing switch?

I removed a switch from my unifi controller but the plugin device and features are still there. Can I just delete the device (and features) or is there a cleaner way of removing the switch from HS?
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Yes, you can delete the device with the associated features. The "cleaner" way is to go to the plugin setup, select the last tab (I believe it is called "Ophans") and select the switch from there. The result shouldn't differ.

If there is no "Ophans" tab, restart the plugin first. The removed device might have gone undetected, a plugin restart will fix that.
    stefxx

Comment

Thank you stefxx. Exactly the kind of guidance I was looking for. There was no Orphans tab until I restarted the plugin and then it showed. I used that to delete the device and features. I always prefer to use the method the developer intended for things like this.
      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Excellent! And I just improved the "Forget" detection of UniFi devices in the plugin after reading your post and testing it for myself. In the next release it won't be necessary to restart the plugin anymore
        stefxx

Comment

Great. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X