UniFi OS UCK G2 Plus 3.0.13 upgrade may have broken things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UniFi OS UCK G2 Plus 3.0.13 upgrade may have broken things

So my controller upgraded to the latest firmware last night. The Unifi plugin is now reporting the following errors in the log:

11/30/2022 9:07:21 AM Unifi
    Info
    FR-Cloud-Key: UniFi login failure (2): The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

If I try and curl it appears to work (using -k). I tried to enable the plugin debug but there is no additional info in the log. Nothing seems wrong and the UCK is not reporting any errors

Any thoughts on how to debug this?

Thanks,
    -Jeff

Installation information:
    HS4 Standard Edition 4.2.16.0 (Windows)
    Plugins Installed
    Unifi 4.0.29.0,
    APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,
    Arduino 4.0.2.7,
    Ecobee 3.0.0.37,
    Insteon 3.0.7.1,
    mcsMQTT 5.26.5.4,
    Nest 3.0.0.35,
    rnbWeather 4.4.0.0,
    Zigbee 4.0.11.0,
    Z-Wave 4.0.3.0​

UniFi OS 3.0.13 can't be the (only) source of the problem since I am running 3.0.13 for a few days already without errors.

What version of Windows do you use? Did you recently upgrade the plugin to 4.0.29.0?
    stefxx

Comment

If using Windows 7, please try beta 4.0.29.2.

Seems I forgot to include Windows 7 support when I implemented the new WebSocket code.
      stefxx

Comment

I'm currently running Windows Server 2012 R2.

This configuration has been up for about 2 weeks - recently upgraded from HS3 and added your plugin for the very first time on 11/19/22.

Honestly nothing has changed and it's been working perfectly until last night. Last night the big change was upgrading OS to 3.0.13. As soon as that happened it stopped working.

-Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
          If using Windows 7, please try beta 4.0.29.2.

Seems I forgot to include Windows 7 support when I implemented the new WebSocket code.
          Hmm, if memory serves Windows Server 2012 is Windows 7 based. That might be a thing.

Let me see how to upgrade to the beta.

-Jeff

Comment

Okay so I updated the plugin to the latest beta, rebooted the UCK just in case.

Code:
            11/30/2022 12:23:45 PM  HomeSeer  Plug-In  Finished initializing plug-in Unifi
            11/30/2022 12:23:45 PM  HomeSeer  Starting Plug-In  Unifi loaded in 320 milliseconds
            11/30/2022 12:23:45 PM  Unifi  Info  FR-Cloud-Key: UniFi login failure (2): The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.
            11/30/2022 12:23:44 PM  HomeSeer  Starting Plug-In  Plugin Unifi started successfully in 6 milliseconds
            11/30/2022 12:23:44 PM  Unifi  Info  Initialization of Unifi version 4.0.29.2 complete
            11/30/2022 12:23:44 PM  Unifi  Info  .NET version detected: .NET Framework 4.8.4526.0

Unfortunately that didn't seem to work. The plugin was setup via IP and the unifi.ini file seems right. I manually pinged the IP in the unifi.ini file and that worked on the Homeseer machine.

Code:
            C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Config>ping 192.168.100.14

Pinging 192.168.100.14 with 32 bytes of data:
            Reply from 192.168.100.14: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64
            Reply from 192.168.100.14: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64
            Reply from 192.168.100.14: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64
            ​
            I currently don't have a good way to curl on the Windows box so not sure what to try next.

-Jeff

Comment

I'll do some more testing tonight, maybe spinning up a 2012r2 machine as well. But first dinner
              stefxx

Comment

I'll do some more testing tonight, maybe spinning up a 2012r2 machine as well. But first dinner
                Dinner is a priority :-)

If it helps to add debugging and give me a one-off to test with I'm super happy to help. I was a software engineer/architect for almost 40 years so I have experience debugging.

-Jeff

Comment

Ok, I can reproduce this error on a brand "new" Windows 2012r2 with .Net framework 4.8.

I don't understand how this has worked before for you... but that isn't really relevant now. Let me see how I can fix this!
                  stefxx

Comment

It seems something did change with UniFi OS 3. All my old tricks to support older versions of Windows (basically forcing TLS 1.2) do not work any more when connecting to my UniFi console running 3.0.13

At this point I am unsure if I can fix this easily..
                    stefxx

Comment

Ah, so the issue is lack of more modern TLS support in Server 2012? I guess that's not too surprising...

I was already fighting an issue in which the latest Z-wave G3 controller (part of my modernization work) consumes 100% CPU (it works but slowly). I had to roll back to the older model. As such I was already getting ready to test a Windows 10 Pro system to see if that fixes the problem, this is apparently another reason to move to Windows 10.

Thanks for your help!
                      -Jeff

Comment

stefxx Hi! not hijacking, but I am also a Unifi user and installed 3.0.13 a few days ago. Just yesterday, I upgraded another plugin (HSBuddy), and I am getting the same error when Antonio calls out to do push notifications. Just wanted you to be aware, as it may provide clues as to what to look for. Linked below is my post with the full HS Buddy plugin. Hopefully it provides some insight.

System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult, TransportContext& context) at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetRequestStreamCallback(I AsyncResult ar)

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/us...05#post1578005

Kevin

Comment

Thanks for the pointer kevins669. Trying to see if there is anything in common, but not sure yet.

What version of Windows are you using?
                          stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by januszczyk View Post
                            Ah, so the issue is lack of more modern TLS support in Server 2012? I guess that's not too surprising...

I was already fighting an issue in which the latest Z-wave G3 controller (part of my modernization work) consumes 100% CPU (it works but slowly). I had to roll back to the older model. As such I was already getting ready to test a Windows 10 Pro system to see if that fixes the problem, this is apparently another reason to move to Windows 10.
                            I try to support older versions of the OS because I know a lot of users like what they have and it is stable. But yes, it might be time to move on if the number of issues keep rising due to unsupported security features...
                            stefxx

Comment

Thanks for the pointer kevins669. Trying to see if there is anything in common, but not sure yet.

What version of Windows are you using?
                              I am using Windows 11.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X