No plugin issue- Latest Dream Machine Pro upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No plugin issue- Latest Dream Machine Pro upgrade

I heard that the latest update 3.x has Wireguard build in it and the upgrade should be already available. Did any of you got it already? My Unifi OS UMD Pro is at 1.12.33, network 7.2.95.

Thanks

I believe UniFi 3.0 is only available for the Dream Machine SE, Cloud Key Gen2, NVR and Dream Router. Not the UDM Pro.

I run 3.0 on a CKG2+ but unfortunately that does not support WireGuard.
    stefxx

Comment

This is where I always check for latest releases: https://community.ui.com/releases
      stefxx

Comment

Based on your link, this is where it get confused to me, it looks like that is supporting it, am I wrong?
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by alphatech View Post
          Based on your link, this is where it get confused to me, it looks like that is supporting it, am I wrong?
          This is only for the UDM SE, not the UDM Pro.

I wish I had the SE
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
            This is only for the UDM SE, not the UDM Pro.

I wish I had the SE
            Heck, I'm frustrated at the lack of new features on the USG 4 Pro which still does the basics fine in my system but no longer supports Android's vpn client. Can only imagine the frustration of those of you with UDM Pros that aren't getting the latest features. This relatively recent approach by Ubiquiti is what will move me to pfSense for my next FW upgrade.
            -Wade

Comment

Thank you, now I start to get it, is the pro better than the SE? should it have those features build in it? so frustrating with is and it was not cheap money eater.

Comment

Originally posted by alphatech View Post
                Thank you, now I start to get it, is the pro better than the SE? should it have those features build in it? so frustrating with is and it was not cheap money eater.
                I put a link in the post above. The SE has 8 POE ports, a better processor, built in 128 GB SSD, 2.5GB WAN RJ45.

UDM Pro $379
                UDM SE $499
                • 128 GB of integrated storage
                • LAN ports: (8) GbE RJ45, (1) 10G SFP+
                • WAN ports: (1) 2.5GbE RJ45, (1) 10G SFP+
                • Threat management and traffic/client identification
                • (1) 3.5" HDD bay for storing UniFi Protect recordings

Love the locking power cord. I’ve been bitten by that on a switch.

Comment

Thank you for the YouTube very informative. Do you think that we are going to get updates at one point and hopefully with Wireguard, they should be very similar models!

Comment

Ubiquiti promised UniFi OS 3 for the UDM Pro as well. Just no time frame. Most likely they will release 2.x first, so it might be a while before 3.x becomes available.

More info here: https://community.ui.com/questions/U...a-58387ab65d07
                    stefxx

Comment

One thing I wrote above was incorrect. While I read the processor was different, the pro and SE use the same processor and memory.

Comment

Version 2.4 just went EA for the UDM Pro yesterday. Many have been brave enough to install it and the results seem to be very successful. A few odds and ends aren't working, but nothing show-stopping.

I'm going to wait for it to go to RC or Official before I upgrade, but it seems it's finally here and they handled the migration pretty well.

This version is apparently strictly for migration purposes, to get rid of containerization and to update the file structures. V 2.5 will follow quickly after as a bug fix release and to add a few features, then after than we'll sync up to the 3.0 branch.

Will also probably wait to upgrade until we've confirmed that this plug-in works with the new version just to be safe.

One note - UI-Glenn has suggested that you pause/disable any integrations like this plug-in during the upgrade or it can cause trouble. Since he added this note to the long EA thread just this morning on page 21 I suspect they've been debugging the few people who experienced problems and may have narrowed it down to some of these integrations.

Comment

Thanks for the update. Interesting to see that an active integration/plugin would break their upgrade process.

Also, since version 2.4, 2.5 and 3.x existed for other UniFi consoles in the past, I see no reason why this plugin should have any issues with it. I don't expect it will require any modifications. But time will tell!
                          stefxx

Comment

I "suspect" the suggestion is simply to remove external actions during the upgrade process that they can't control nor test, thus increasing the chances of a successful upgrade.
                            "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Working...
                            X