Stale pic being displayed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stale pic being displayed

I read in the forum here that someone is using pushover with the event engine to get a picture from the last person detected. I am doing the same. This may not actually be a problem with the plug-in but this stopped working correctly a few days ago. I still get the Pushover event notification almost immediately from the plug-in but the picture sent to push over is the picture of before the latest picture.

i’ve vaguely remember in other posts on the Internet when you are using the same file name for a picture that cacheing may get in the way of sending the correct pic has anybody run into this issue and how did you resolve it?

just to be clear, the plug-in on HS4 is in fact, showing the correct latest picture using the HS4 web interface, but the picture sent to push over is the previous picture

Can you show me the event that is sending the picture?

A HTTP request might indeed cache the picture, which can be resolved by adding something unique to the form data. However, when you use the Pushover plugin that should not happen. Assuming you use the HS4 version (my version) of Pushover?

It is always the same old picture, or it is always the second-last picture that is being used?

It might also be a timing issue. What do you use for the event trigger?
    stefxx

Comment

Great questions...I have answers. :-) I just went downstairs and triggered a person event. The pic sent to pushover was the pic from my wife at 5pm today, the previous person detected event. So it does change in pushover but it is always the second to last pic. I only have one camera. I am using your Pushover plugin

In HS4, the correct pic of me is displayed.

Here is the event
      IF
      Unifi Plugin UniFi Camera: Lower Deck G4 Person detection changes and becomes a value in the range of Person detected (1%) to Person detected (100%) THEN
      Send Pushover message to HS4-HAS (app: HS4, device: all) with the following content:
      Text formatting: Standard
      Sound: Siren
      Priority: Normal
      Attachment (optional, max 2.5MB): C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\html\UniFiPerson\latest.png

ADVANCED OPTIONS

Comment

This event structure can indeed cause a timing issue, the message is probably send before the image is available. When UniFi detects a person, it takes a while before an image is being created and available to the plugin.

Use the "Last Person Detected" feature as the trigger device, and trigger when set to "New Image".

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	56
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	1590382

This will ensure the image is actually available at the time the event triggers.
        stefxx

Comment

That makes sense! I will make that change. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X