Schedules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schedules

Is it possible to get a device in Homeseer that would load the Schedules already programmed for zones to run

Hi rdc ,

Unfortunately, the Hydrawise API doesn't give all the schedules already programmed (although I wish it did). I can ask Hunter if this can be added but I know this may take time if they agree to do it as my last request took some time. I have also asked them if they can show through the API which zones are suspended so I can also make that visible in HomeSeer.

The plugin today:
    One of the features of the zone device shows when the zone is programmed to next run (but only next run). It is in the form of a text string (sentence) so may not be helping with what you want. Would a feature on the zone showing the next run time in date/time format only help? (eg: 01 Aug 20 07:15)? or maybe 2 features, one showing date and the other showing time?

Another option I can do is another a new device that has a feature for each zone showing when it is next due to run - would this help as it would bring all the next runs together into a single device?

Let me know your thoughts. I will do a sample of what the new device would look like later today and post a screenshot here.

(I am using the new HS4 terminology for devices....so just to help where I say device, I mean a parent as in HS3 and where I say feature, I mean a child as in HS3).

Comment

Hi rdc ,

Here is a screenshot of what I mentioned above as another device that shows all the zones and next run on one device. I can format the next run time however works for you - it can be like a sentance as shown or could just show date-time, just date ir just time.
      Let me know if this would help.

Device:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Device.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	1408990

Features on the device:

Name:	features.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	1408991

Comment

The idea has some value but I was looking at my Rachio plugin that I have at another home and I realized that the reason I never use it is because there are too many devices
        for each zone and all the zones are not grouped together. This is just my opinion but an ideal plugin for sprinklers has just one line/device for each zone which shows the status and control and all the parts of the sprinkler are grouped together no matter what they are called. This is just my opinion and I realize I can hide/delete devices and categorize them to get
        close to that result but the control device takes up a lot of real estate on the page. I do think the plugin is excellent and I thank you for your hard work. A skill I will never have.

Comment

Hi rdc ,

Let me have a small think about it. I am somewhat constrained by HS4 layouts, structures etc.
          I will need to check but maybe using the same layout as above, I could add the status and controls instead of the next run. That might get us closer to what you are thinking.
          Obviously this would be good on the devices page but would not really work in hte mobile app (HS Mobile) as HS Mobile looks for a single feature as the action object.
          Of course, if this solution worked okay for you, you could choose to hide the single device in mobile view.

Can I ask, do you prefer to use the devices page? HS Mobile App? or the control page (Plugin Menu > rnbHydra > rnbHydraControl)?
          The reason why I ask is if its the control page, I could look at a different design more suited to mobile devices.

I will work up the sample device/features and see if I can have the controls and status per zone on the feature screen shown in my last post. Will hope to post screenshot of it Saturday if thats okay?

Comment

I spend most of my time looking at the device page. I only use the mobile app to run a zone for testing purposes. I have not yet studied the control page.

Comment

Hi rdc

Here are the screenshots for a new controller device. It would a single device with each zone being a feature on the device. There would also be one extra feature (main feature) which would allow you to start all zones, stop all zones or resume all zones. The only issue with this approach is the more zones you have, the longer the page (if that makes sense).
              It will also look/work good in HS Mobile. Let me know your thoughts on this. If its wanted, I'll finish the work to build it properly. The way I would building it is to add the option to the settings page where the controllers are listed allowing you tp specify how you want the devices in HomeSeer. ie do you want (a) a single device per controller (b) device per controller and device per zone or (c) both.
              The reason for the option would be if you delete the devices you dont need because you would only use the single device, they would keep getting recreated on plugin restart. This way if you opt for the single device for everything, you could delete the other devices and they would not get re-created

Device:
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Device.jpg Views:	0 Size:	32.0 KB ID:	1409486
              Features:

Name:	features.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	1409510

HSMobile Device:
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3243.PNG Views:	0 Size:	176.2 KB ID:	1409488

HSMobile Controller Action:
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3245.PNG Views:	0 Size:	170.6 KB ID:	1409489
              HSMobile Zone Action:
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3246.PNG Views:	0 Size:	168.4 KB ID:	1409490
              Attached Files

Comment

That looks a lot cleaner and would be great to see how the device page looks in list mode. One thing I use alot at my other house is whats called a " test run", where you can run through the zones for 2 or 3 minutes each which quickly shows you that all zones are good or not. Its on the Rachio app

Comment

Hi rdc ,

Below is the screenshot of how the device would look in list mode.
                  For the test run, you can do the same from an event (rnbHydra - Manage Controller). You can setup the event and a custoom time for the run duration eg: 2 minutes. Then whenever you want to test your irrigation stations, you can just run this event (screenshot of event below).
                  The other way to do the test run of your stations would be from the rnbHydra control page (Plugins > rnbHydra> rnbHydra Control). Just select the controller you want (if you have more than one) and in the 3rd section (Controller Management), select Start All Zones (screenshot below). In the popup, just enter the runtime you want.

Do these methods cover off the test run easily for you?

Device List View:

Name:	devicelist.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	1409553

Sample Event for Test Run:

Name:	event - test run.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	1409554
                  rnbHydra Control

Name:	controlpage.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	1409555

Comment

I’ll finish the work on building in the single device and hope to have the update to HomeSeer tomorrow. 😀

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks good. Thanks

Comment

Hi rdc ,

I have just submitted the updated version (4.0.0.1) to HomeSeer for publishing in the updater. Once they release it you should be able to update.
                        This change brings the single device with the zones as we discussed.
                        Let me know if you have any issues or any other ideas.

Thanks

Comment

New update is great. Much better. Trying to run test event like yours I get this error Also run all zone button and start zone button dont have any function. Only if you put in a value and click submit
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi rdc ,

I've found the issue in the buttons and the event above. Just putting fix in place and will post updated version in a few hours once I test.

Thanks

Comment

Hi rdc ,

Updated version submitted to HomeSeer. All looks good on my end and in testing.
                              As always, any issues, please let me know.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X