Bug report 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug report 1

Thanks for making this plugin, very glad to have this running.

I am running a HS3 Pro version on Windows server, this one running v3.0.0.3 had some initial issues connecting but I got it running. Just update to 3.0.0.6 and all seems fine
    My second setup is HS4 on Ubuntu 20 server and I had the same issues as mentioned in the other thread. The beta solved most of the issues with connecting although the overview screen still tells me to finish the wizard despite the fact it is running already.
    But a bigger issue, when I enable mbWeather it crashed the mbHydra plugin. Seems some kind of conflict there.
    I have tried to raise tickets in both HS3 and HS4 version but did not work. Nice idea though especially when the buttons on the for support or release notes also give blank screens.

Work in progress but just some feedback to help.

Bastiaan

Hi zebrafilm , What version of rnbHydra are you on for HS4?
    I did identify an issuue that could cause a loop. 4.0.0.5 should have fixed the issue.
    If its still happening, I will need to look at it again.

Thanks

Comment

Out of interest, what were the issues you had getting v3.0.0.3 running?

Comment

zebrafilm Bastiaan, you may have found an issue in HS4 on Ubuntu and my plugins may be experiencing the same issue.
        When you say when you click on the buttons for support or release notes also give blank screens. Are these the buttons on the page plugins.html (Plugins -Add) ?
        If so, this is HS4 itself and not my plugins (which would be great as it means the problem I'm trying to fix is HomeSeer's not mine 😀 )

When you click on these buttons and get a blank page, what is the address of the page in the address bar for this page?

(I am assuming of course that HS4 is the problem but I suppose it could also be Ubunutu and somehow javascript)

Thanks

Comment

Hi I started with the HS4 version 4.0.0.3 I believe, but after it did not work I went for the beta 4.0.0.4 which started to work. Now I see a version 4.0.0.5 although I did not get an update message. Just installed this. Seems to work the same but in the plugins screen it still shows that I need to complete the setup wizard....
          Switching on mbWeather version 4.0.0.2 still crashes mbHydra. Seperate switched active they both work great.

In version 4.0.0.5 I tried to create a test ticket to file a bug report but it hangs on submitting. None of the issues raised an error in the HS log file.
          For now I stop here and leave the Homeseer store issue for later.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi zebrafilm ,

As a fix to stop rnbHydra asking you to run the setup wizard, you can manually add the following to the config file.
            The config file is in the HomeSeer directory, in the config folder, called rnbHydra.ini
            Look for the API section and add this line SetupComplete=True into it.
            Doing this will tell the plugin that you have already configured the plugin and stop offering the wizard to you and give you access to the settings under Plugins>rnbHydra>Settings

Code:
            [API]
            SetupComplete=True
            Sorry you've had a harad time getting this working.
            I'll build out a virutal Ubuntu Server v20 over the next few days and see if I can replicate the issues you are seeing between the plugins so I can resolve.

Thanks

Comment

Here is a screenshot from the bug report I created with HS4 v 4.1.9.0 with mbHydra v.4.0.0.5 with and without system report included
              It just hangs. Clicking anywhere on the screen stops the moddalpopup and I can continue in HS4
              Attached Files

Comment

HA no worries about issues. Already glad it is working and I will help iron out the issues. My HS4 setup is not ready to become my main system so plenty of room to get things fixed.

Comment

Hi zebrafilm , I've just installed Ubutu Server v20.04. I followed the HS4 linux installation instructions here https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS...g+HS4+on+Linux
                  It all installed and worked perfectly. rnbHydra is working perfectly and it completed the setuppwizard.
                  I did find a stray } in the javascipt that may have caused the spinning wheel on the support page.
                  Just fixed and I'm going to post a new BETA to see if that solves it - I'll use the Ubuntu server for the test. If this solves that, I will post it as a full update.

Comment

Hi zebrafilm, BETA 4.0.0.9 is in the updater. I have tested and I can now submit a support ticket from within the plugin. Hoping if you have time, you could give it a test over the next couple of days and let me know.
                    Hoping this might solve the issue you were seeing.

Thanks

Comment

Installed version 4.0.0.9 beta and could switch on mbWeather without issues. Nice job!

The ticket sending changed the image to the envelop animation but still hangs. I am behind a pretty strong firewall so I am a bit curious how you are sending?
                      For security I setup email sending within HS4 and can send an email with an event.
                      Different from previous attempts I get a 'time out error" in the log.

Bastiaan

Comment

Hi zebrafilm, thanks for testing 😊
                        Interesting....the error messages I saw on Ubuntu Server, I did not see on Ubunutu Desktop 🙄
                        But all good as with that extra piece of info, I was able to trace the issue with both plugins running. A simple issue really which the code checked for but for some reason Linux didnt give the real answer. HS4 had no method to upload files to it so I include a small/simple server to allow you to upload files (to HS4 rnb folder) for submitting a support request. when each plugin starts, if checks if this is already running and if so, it will not start anew one. In this case Linux was reporting back all the time that it wasn't running so it started one for each of my plugins leading to conflict. In the rnbHydra BETA, I've disabled that upload server on linux as a temporary fix. I'll be applying the same to rnbWeather now in a few mins since I know it works.

Yes, I changed the ticket sending graphic as a tidy up and to align with rnbWeather (graphic was nicer 😂).
                        The ticket sending is not done by email as this could lead to a number of issues for you such as your ISP preventitng email out from your IP or your IP being marked as spam etc by different systems - not a good outcome.
                        The way the ticket sending works is, it connects to a API through php webpage and submits the data that way. The webpage it submits to is: http://support.projectservices.ie/v1/rnb.php which I think should work for you as you're able to retirieve hydrawise and weather data? OR unless you allowed your firewall to access these websites explicitly. I don't do anything in the code to get around anybody's potentialy firewall issues as I beleive if a firewall is blocking, its done by design so I should not be trying to circumvent
                        Timeout is a good error as it means its trying. Previosuly I think the javascript issue was not even attempting to submit.

Comment

Working...
                        X