Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

09 update keeps disconnecting 05 did not work at all.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    09 update keeps disconnecting 05 did not work at all.

    Plugin for Hs4 not installing or disconnecting
    Attached Files

    #2
    Hi rdc,

    Apologies...I've been away for a few days. Not sure why you're having issues 🙁. Can i get you to do the following so I can see where it is failing on your system:

    Go to your config folder and edit the file rnbHydra.ini.
    Find the following and if logtype is not 0, please make it 0.
    If this line is not in your config file, please add these two lines and save.

    Code:
    [Settings]
    logtype=0
    Next step is to enable developer mode. By enabling this, plugins will open a black window (cmd/dos window) for each one. There will be more messaging in this.
    Developer mode is enabled by going to Setup menu, General tab and it is the first setting (Developer Mode) under Other Settings.

    When this is done, if rnbHydra us running, stop it.

    Enable the plugin (rnbHydra), a black dos window will open. if rnbHydra crashes, please copy all the text in this window and share with me if you are happy to do so.
    It may disapear fast if it crashes so you may need to.screenshot it.

    Thanks in advance

    Comment


      #3
      I did as you stated and even reloaded HS4 but there is never a black dos window when I try to start the plugin and it always disconnects after about 3 seconds

      Comment


        #4
        That's weird - enabling developer mode should have made the plugin load with its cmd window.
        I can't recall (sorry). Are you running HS4 on windows or linux?

        If linux and assuming its not running as a service but manual launch, you should see the messages I'm looking for in the terminal window.
        If you're running it as a service - is it possible to stop it and relaunch it from a terminal window by calling ./go from the HomeSeer directory?

        If windows, let me have a think how else we can see these messages. I do all my development and windows testing under windows 10. Are you running Windows 10 or 7?

        Thanks

        Comment


          #5
          I run windows 10

          Comment


            #6
            Hi [mention]rdc [/mention]... I have found the problem. There seems to be an issue with the Hydrawise API itself which is causing an error. This then leads to a second problem where I check for no response but not for where the Hydrawise API reports success but sends back an error description instead (a little annoying that Hydrawise reports success when it is an error). This is causing the constant restart loop you’re seeing. I have fixed the loop issue but am trying to find out why the API is misbehaving! If I can’t get to the bottom of it today, I’ll need to get back in touch with Hunter (Hydrawise) and see what change they made in the API that causing the issue. I can put a work around in place (I think) to still get the status but am struggling to get a workaround that will allow sending commands to it.
            I’ll post an updated BETA tomorrow which will solve the restart cycle and will update on where I am with the Hydrawise API issue itself.


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

            Comment


              #7
              Did you fix 0.9 or are you making a newer one ?

              Comment


                #8
                Same thing happened to me on v5 so I updated to beta v9 today but its still happening. Now I have zone 1 saying its watering all the time when its not.

                Is there a fix planned?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Hi rdc/venno, Yes there is a fix planned. I had a workaround for getting the status but sending commands was still failing so I need to go back to Hunter and see whats changed with the API.
                  I now know what's changed and completed an initial test which was successful. I am updating the code now to account for the API call requirement which fixes both status and actions.
                  I expect to post an update (BETA first - will be 4.0.0.10) in a few hours. If you confirm this solves the problem, I'll push out the same fix in a non-BETA version.

                  Apologies over this as we don't get told of any API changes. I check the API schema every couple of weeks for changes but that only shows new items exposed not the graphQL change that triggered this issue with the API. Ia updating my code to conform with the official GraphQL structure and not the short .net version used previously.


                  Comment


                    #10
                    Updated BETA version posted (4.0.0.10). Apologies for the delay in finding the API issue.

                    Please let me know if it does not behave as expected.

                    Thanks

                    Comment


                      #11
                      All working again for me, cheers.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X