Timed run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timed run

When I try to put in 5 minutes and hit submit on a zone it just keeps running. The log says 99. Should this be a drop down ?

Hi rdc, quick question - what screen are you doing this on?

Comment

There is only one screen where you can put in a value and click submit and it does not work

Comment

There’s 2 screens:
        - Devices screen
        - rnbHydra Control screen

I’ll assume it’s the devices screen? Just looking at it now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Was this resolved ?

Comment

Hi rdc, I could not find any problem in the code and in all my tests it runs as expected and uses the time inputted.
            I have republished the latest version with a new number just in case the last update didnt install properly for you.
            The last published version is 4.0.1.0 and the version waiting for release is 4.0.1.1. I expect it ot get released today.
            After installing, if you are still seeing the same issue, let me know and we will have to do a secial debug version for you to see whats happening for you

Comment

Is there a way to change the zone time value entry to json. Running Jon00Hstile. This is what Jon just said "Sorry, I don't use the plugin so you will have to ask the plugin author how to change the zone via Json." See JonHstile forum today. Thanks

Comment

Hi rdc, i dont use John00Hstile so dont know exactly what he's looking for. I can go look at Jon00Hstile but wont have time for a week or two to make any changes for this. Can you link the forumn conversation you had with Jon00 here so I can find it easily.
                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by russr999 View Post
                  Hi rdc, i dont use John00Hstile so dont know exactly what he's looking for. I can go look at Jon00Hstile but wont have time for a week or two to make any changes for this. Can you link the forumn conversation you had with Jon00 here so I can find it easily.
                  Thanks
                  I'll step in here. The question was asked starting here:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...01#post1455701

I use the JSON API for device control and rdc wanted to change the sprinkler zone. Read that part of the thread for more clarity.
                  Jon

Comment

Thanks [mention]jon00 [/mention] ....that makes sense.
                    I’ll have a look later.

Are you aware of any other plugins that use the custom (free type) option that play nicely with your Hstile? If so I’ll have a quick look before trying to do anything else.

In essence, I have the custom button send a value of 99 which tells my plugin that it’s the custom option. Then it uses the string as the duration input. When a user clicks the custom option on the device input page, HS4 has 2 values: value and string.

Comment

Originally posted by russr999 View Post
                      Thanks [mention]jon00 [/mention] ....that makes sense.
                      I’ll have a look later.

Are you aware of any other plugins that use the custom (free type) option that play nicely with your Hstile? If so I’ll have a quick look before trying to do anything else.

In essence, I have the custom button send a value of 99 which tells my plugin that it’s the custom option. Then it uses the string as the duration input. When a user clicks the custom option on the device input page, HS4 has 2 values: value and string.

No, this is the first.

Can you change zones via an event? Multiple events may be an option for rdc.
                      Jon

Comment

Yes - there is an event action in the plugin to allow you control a zone (you chose zone) and then either use default station run time or enter a custom time

Comment

Hi jon00 / rdc ... I just had a quick look at the JSON API and it will work as expected.
                          The JSON comand required is:
                          HTML Code:
                          http://homeseerip:port/JSON?request=controldevicebyindex&ref=2300&value=99&string=14&source=Jon00Hstile
                          Where ref is the feature reference number (eg: 1054 using the screenshot posted in Jon00's forum)
                          Where value needs to be 99 (the value ID I have set to the custom button
                          Where string = XX is the custom run time you want. in the above url, I have used 14 mins as the custom run time
                          Where source=Jon00THstile - can be whatever - doesnt seem to get used and API says it is onlly used for log!

I have tested and it works as expected.

(rdc - looking at the HomeSeer log, I may not be showing the correct run time for custom duration. This is a log only issue which I will look at over the next few days)

Comment

Many thanks,

That JSON Command is HS4 specific.

Would it be possible to try:

Code:
                            http://homeseerip:port/JSON?request=setdevicestatus&ref=2300&value=99&string=14
                            Which is compatible with both HS3 & 4
                            Jon

Comment

Hi jon00, In HS4, that command gives the expected
                              Code:
                               { "Response":"ok" }
                              but it does not do anything. The plugin does not receive any CAPI control command/request and the log does not show anything either.
                              I've focused on the HS4 JSON API as rdc is running the plugin on HS4.

I'll have to spin up afterwards my HS3 dev machine to see if the HS3 version API accepts that command and reacts.

Comment

Working...
                              X