Zone Suspensions Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zone Suspensions Not Working

I thought I would start a new topic on this insteading of continuing to post in the previous one.

I have done further investigating and found the following:

1. The leading space bug I reported in Oct is still present.
    2. The command to suspend a zone or suspend all zones does not get thru to the Hydrawise unit as observed in its event log.
    3. All other commands including start/stop zone(s) and resume zone(s) work fine and are detected in the Hydrawise event log.

I have tried the following:

1. Uninstall/reinstall plugin (v4.0.4.0).
    2. Rerun auth wizard.
    3. Redo config settings regards controller and child devices.

I have also checked the entries in the plugin ini file and they all seem correct, just for good measure I deleted the data in the file and reran wizard and observed the correct recreation of the data.

The way I understand how the plugin works is that it talks to the authors server which then handles interaction with Hydrawise server to alter parameters in your Hydrwise account which is then picked up by the local unit.

As all but one command type is working fine I can only conclude that the issue is on the authors server and the way it is trying to remit the suspend command to the Hydrawise server.

The following error message shows up in HS4 log whenever a suspension is attempted:

Attached Files

Comment

Well I have tried to log a support request as per the plugin instructions but it just times out, I also PM'd the plugin author a week ago to alert of the issue but so far no response.

Comment

Originally posted by venno View Post
        I thought I would start a new topic on this insteading of continuing to post in the previous one.

I have done further investigating and found the following:

1. The leading space bug I reported in Oct is still present.
        2. The command to suspend a zone or suspend all zones does not get thru to the Hydrawise unit as observed in its event log.
        3. All other commands including start/stop zone(s) and resume zone(s) work fine and are detected in the Hydrawise event log.

I have tried the following:

1. Uninstall/reinstall plugin (v4.0.4.0).
        2. Rerun auth wizard.
        3. Redo config settings regards controller and child devices.

I have also checked the entries in the plugin ini file and they all seem correct, just for good measure I deleted the data in the file and reran wizard and observed the correct recreation of the data.

The way I understand how the plugin works is that it talks to the authors server which then handles interaction with Hydrawise server to alter parameters in your Hydrwise account which is then picked up by the local unit.

As all but one command type is working fine I can only conclude that the issue is on the authors server and the way it is trying to remit the suspend command to the Hydrawise server.
        Hi Venno, apologies for the radio silence - just back this afternoon (was up north for a few weeks...1 which turned into 3). Will look at this later this evening or tomorrow at the latest.
        On the leading space, I couldn't replicate that but what I did do was once the user pasted the auth code into the rnbHydra HS4 page, I removed the leading/trailing spaces before saving. I'll also check that it still does this.

Comment

No worries, not to worried about the space thing (when you know it will happen you just delete it after pasting auth code).

I did use the zone suspensions though, not sure when they may have stopped working as its pretty much been set and forget for a while. They are the primary use case for the plugin in my book as I can suspend based on my weather station (HS integrated) as i don't trust web forecasts.

Comment

Hi [mention]venno [/mention], I’ve identified the issue. Will test all actions and then issue an updated version in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any updates or progress towards a solution to this issue russr999 ?

Comment

Hi [mention]venno [/mention], I have it fixed but didn’t post the update as was tidying up some of the code. I’ll post the updated version first thing so you have a version that the suspension works in. I’ll continue tidying the code and post another version with the cleaner code later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All working good again cheers.

Comment

Working...
                  X