X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeAssistant plugin (HASS)

​​​
    ​​​​​

Note: HA integration specific Entity Attributes and Controls can (will) be added on request, feel free to provide info about your specific Entities: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...-to-the-plugin

Features:

1. Plugin displays all HA entities and allows to select entities to display in HS. Created HS devices depend on the info provided by HA integration.

2. It's also possible to create bi-directional 'Number', 'Toggle, 'Button', 'Select' and 'Text' entities - so the value (or text string) is mirrored between HS device and HA entity.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	5.7 KB ID:	1643785Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	11.2 KB ID:	1643786

Instructions:

I didn't finish adding HASS instance manually, mDNS should discover it.

Then you need to create "Long-lived access token" https://developers.home-assistant.io...d-access-token and set the token in the config page.​

Long-lived access tokens can be created using the "Long-Lived Access Tokens" section at the bottom of a user's Home Assistant profile page.​

If mDNS doesn't work - please read https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...conf-discovery

The discovered HA entities are not added automatically, you need to select entities you want to use.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	56.1 KB ID:	1652954
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	51.8 KB ID:	1652955​​
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	31.0 KB ID:	1640501
    The discovered HA entities are not added automatically, you need to select entities you want to use​:​
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	76.0 KB ID:	1643455
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	211.7 KB ID:	1643453​​

Comment

Providing info on entity attributes to add to the plugin

I created the separate thread for the below https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...-to-the-plugin

Comment

Plugin roadmap:

1. Don't create HS devices by default, let user select desired entities from the list
        2. ​ Add entities attributes - really depending on each HA integration, need input from users.
        3. ​ Implement controls HS => HA, also depending on each HA integration
        4. ​ Add WebSocket API for realtime events from HA => HS
        5. Creating HS devices in HA
        6. Add events from HS => HA​​​

Comment

I have been using HA for several years now. The sheer number of HA integrations and the ease of adding them is impressive, and the Linux foundation has been very reliable compared to HS on Windows. However, events are much easier to program in HS, especially when it gets complex and requires scripts. So basically, most of my automation will remain on HS, while HA is relegated to operate as a backup system. In other words, if HS fails for some reason - a crash, comms loss, lockup, whatever - then HA sees no HS heartbeat and takes over to perform the more critical stuff that HS does like announcements and security/lighting tasks. So quite frankly, I'm unclear on what a HS-HA plugin can bring to the table. Each system does their own thing and does it well - so I am not imagining a need to control HA events from HS or vice-versa, but maybe I lack vision. I look forward to seeing some examples of how people use this plugin.

What could be useful is sharing device status/values between systems. If I can see the status/values of HS devices in HA (and HA in HS), then HA can act based on what is happening on the HS side. For example, HA does not have an integration for the Open Sprinkler irrigation control, but HA could act based on changes seen in the HS plugin devices. However, if I am understanding the above plan, it sounds like this might not be easy to accomplish because of the sheer number of HA entities and different plugin/integration types. Is that correct?

Anyway, I am following the development of this plugin, and look forward to seeing where it goes.
          Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark S. View Post
            I'm unclear on what a HS-HA plugin can bring to the table. Each system does their own thing and does it well - so I am not imagining a need to control HA events from HS or vice-versa, but maybe I lack vision. I look forward to seeing some examples of how people use this plugin.
            You just described the use case Most users have HA because of some integration which exists in HA, but not in HS. Still, HS is the main driver, and you might want to have all entities available in the HS. That's the first step in my plugin. Controlling events HA <=> HS - that's the future plan, optional.

Comment

this is great. solved a problem i have had for ages by getting status from some devices in HA.
              would love a way to only create devices that are needed.
              tried grouping the ones i want to use together but it produces some strange results
              they also dont seam to get logged to the DB through mscMQTT for tracking through
              great start though.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	266 Size:	131.4 KB ID:	1640300

Comment

Originally posted by jezza View Post
                this is great. solved a problem i have had for ages by getting status from some devices in HA.
                would love a way to only create devices that are needed.
                tried grouping the ones i want to use together but it produces some strange results
                they also dont seam to get logged to the DB through mscMQTT for tracking through
                great start though.
                I'm working on this.

Also, the entities currently display only top level status (as string, not number) - which probably explains why mscmqtt doesn't get it. I need more info about available attributes for each entity of interest https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...-to-the-plugin

Comment

Ver 4.0.0.4 (BETA)

- Implemented selecting entities to use
                  - Added ChildDeviceLastUpdated/Changed

I suggest deleting all entities (but keep the main Root device). After plugin update - go to the page shown below and select the entities you want to use.

Now I'm ready to add attributes for the entities, so please provide info on entities of interest https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...-to-the-plugin

​​

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

I'm working on this.

Also, the entities currently display only top level status (as string, not number) - which probably explains why mscmqtt doesn't get it. I need more info about available attributes for each entity of interest https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...-to-the-plugin
                    Thats great thanks. I updated and selected items to create. Only think there that would be nice is a way to search items. I have added to your other thread a PDF of the devices Im using.
                    Thanks

Comment

Ver 4.0.0.5 (BETA)

- Entities selection page - added filters
                      - Added "Measurement" child(feature)
                      - Changed VSPairs to min_val

Ver 4.0.0.6 (BETA)

- Set "Measurement" child(feature) to "Important"

Note 1: I changed the Status/Graphics values, I try to upgrade automatically, but it's safer to delete all child devices.
                      Note 2: The "Measurement" child(feature) is added only for entities which type is "Measurement". For more I need more info about available attributes for each entity of interest https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...-to-the-plugin

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	23 Size:	31.0 KB ID:	1640501

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	20 Size:	57.3 KB ID:	1640502

Comment

Ver 4.0.0.7 (BETA)

- Added "measurement" child for Entities with Units
                        - Get Entity domain from GetEntitySourcesAsync()
                        - Added Domain to Entities selection screen
                        - Added Entity Config screen;

Comment

little bug
                          when you create a device it still does not create the actions for this device (I understand it is in beta ;-) but when you delete this device (in the hs4 list) so that it recreates it, in your list it still remains active . you remove it from active to put it back active, and when you click on the link it takes the id number of the device (hs4) that you deleted without even recreating it so you can no longer use this device afterwards ;-)​

Comment

Originally posted by gregdeux View Post
                            when you create a device it still does not create the actions for this device (I understand it is in beta ;-)​
                            Actions for the device is difficult - HA API doesn't provide any info on what actions are available, so as I said before, I need more info on each particular entity (i.e. what actions are available in HA itself, plus https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...-to-the-plugin

when you delete this device (in the hs4 list) so that it recreates it, in your list it still remains active . you remove it from active to put it back active, and when you click on the link it takes the id number of the device (hs4) that you deleted without even recreating it so you can no longer use this device afterwards ;-)​

That I can probably fix, but workaround for now - disable the device before deleting it. And if you restart the plugin - I guess the entity should become available.

[EDIT]

I can also delete the device when you disable it, but I don't really like deleting devices from plugin.

Comment

when you delete this device (in the hs4 list) so that it recreates it, in your list it still remains active . you remove it from active to put it back active, and when you click on the link it takes the id number of the device (hs4) that you deleted without even recreating it so you can no longer use this device afterwards ;-)​
                              Ver 4.0.0.8 (BETA) - Delete HS entity devices when unselect "use entity" (and vice-versa)

Comment

Working...
                              X