X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin for IKEA TRÅDFRI smart home devices Introduction / Configuration

​​​
    ​​​​​​
    Please note, it won't work for Dirigera hub (until IKEA implement Matter support).​
    Please follow for updates https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...a-dirigera-hub
    IKEA Smart lighting

I don't think IKEA needs introducing, but my plugin is for controlling IKEA smart home devices via HomeSeer

https://shop.homeseer.com/products/a...plugin-for-hs4
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IKEA-Still-1592x796-800x400.jpg Views:	0 Size:	32.4 KB ID:	1448478
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Ikea-Kadrilj-und-Fyrtur.png Views:	1 Size:	322.0 KB ID:	1448482
    Click image for larger version  Name:	tradfri-driver-for-wireless-control-grey.jpg Views:	1 Size:	32.1 KB ID:	1448483
    Screenshots:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	GridView.jpg Views:	0 Size:	125.9 KB ID:	1540008
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Main Screenshot.jpg Views:	0 Size:	186.4 KB ID:	1540010
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Starkvind(1).png Views:	0 Size:	44.5 KB ID:	1540011
    Click image for larger version  Name:	devices.png Views:	0 Size:	73.1 KB ID:	1540009

Configuration

After installing the plugin you need to configure the Gateway -

1. After a few seconds the plugin should discover the Tradfri Gateway (using mDNS/Zeroconf discovery) and create root HS device.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	settings.png
Views:	458
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	1541080
    Note 1: If discovery doesn't find the Gateway:

- on Linux google for Avahi troubleshooting

- on Windows the best Zeroconf is Bonjour Print Services for Windows - install the service and after restarting the plugin it should use it for discovery (Mono.Zeroconf)
    Note 2: if mDNS/Zeroconf Discovery still doesn't work for some reason - you can add new device manually
    2. Enter Ikea Gateway Key (found on the bottom of Gateway).

3. Plugin should generate "app name" and request "app key" automatically.

4. That's it. AK IKEA plugin will discover the devices and create HS devices.
    5. Device update rates and Log:

Name:	devices.png
Views:	457
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	1541081

Comment

Note on Update rate settings:

1. Update rate for the Bridge (Gateway):

Controls scan time for new devices / groups / moods (scenes)
      If you don't plan adding new devices - it can be disabled (set to 0)

2. Update rate for the Groups:

Similar to the Bridge - scanning for new devices and moods (scenes) in the group

3. Update rate for the Lights:

The light devices support Observation (immediate notifications), but just in case I also scan them for changes.
      Can be disabled also (set to 0).

Comment

Created ROOT devices:

1. The Gateway (Bridge)
        2. Lights
        3. LED Drivers
        4. Groups
        5. Remote Controls

For each RGB Light:

1. Brightness slider, On/Off
        2. Color devices: Hue/Sat/X/Y
        3. Predefined (named) Tradfri colors
        4. Custom RGB color - note that Tradfri protocol doesn't support RGB setting, so the plugin converts the custom color to Color XY - which may produce slight variation in colors
        5. Transition time (ramp rate) - separate for the Brightness and the Color changes

For White spectrum lights:

There's no Color controls,

1. only color temperature (if supported) - WarmGlow, WarmWhite, CoolWhite and
        2. related color temperature (in Mireds) - i.e. CoolWhite = 250M, WarmGlow = 454M

For each Group:

1. Similar devices to each group member
        2. Mood (Scene) i.e. Everyday, Relax, Focus (scenes are created in Ikea Home app)

For Tradfri remote:

1. Battery level

Comment

Ver 4.0.0.6 (BETA) - Improved connection / reconnection to IKEA hub

Comment

Ver 4.0.0.39 - Added Ikea Starkvind Air purifier

Name:	Starkvind img.png
Views:	504
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	1541082
            Click image for larger version  Name:	image_106529.png Views:	134 Size:	44.5 KB ID:	1508876

Comment

Alex, this looks cool.. Do you support the automated powered blinds as of yet?

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
                Alex, this looks cool.. Do you support the automated powered blinds as of yet?
                Yeah, blinds support was implemented long time ago (March 2020).

Why are you asking? Do you have any issues?

Comment

No not at all, wife was looking to replace out manual pull up/down blinds (they are two way pleated shades, you can pull them from the top to open up the top of the window, or pull them from the bottom to open like a traditional shade. But manual. I told her if she was willing to dump the pull from the top to open only the top of the window, I could automate them to open automatically during the day and close at night or by her command. She didn't say no. So I'm doing my due diligence!

Comment

I program my shades to close automatically when hot day is expected

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                      Ver 4.0.0.39 - Added Ikea Starkvind Air purifier
                      I didn't see this in the updater on HS3
                      Is the HS3 plugin still supported or not anymore?
                      - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
                      HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
                      PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

Originally posted by AshaiRey View Post
                        I didn't see this in the updater on HS3. Is the HS3 plugin still supported or not anymore?
                        Ver 4.0.0.39 is obviously for HS4.

I don't support HS3 versions - including them I will have to support 23 plugins, which isn't feasible.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

I don't support HS3 versions - including them I will have to support 23 plugins, which isn't feasible.
                          Sorry, just lost me. I'm on HS3, as are a definite percentage of the users of HST.
                          It's ether a time or money situation. You have less of one and more of the other I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
                            Sorry, just lost me. I'm on HS3, as are a definite percentage of the users of HST.
                            It's ether a time or money situation. You have less of one and more of the other I guess.
                            HS3 version still works, so what's the problem? And I don't charge for HS4 upgrade.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-11-20.png Views:	0 Size:	44.5 KB ID:	1509086

Name:	Screenshot 2021-11-20 101146.png
Views:	534
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	1509088

Comment

Glad to see it still works, is the HS4 version just using the HS4 API's or do you only make fixes or add new devices to the HS4 version and the HS3 is what it was and what you get?
                              I'm more concerned about any new devices that might not be supported on HS3 and any bugs that are fixed only the HS4 version and are problematic on HS3.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X