This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by George View Post
    Glad to see it still works, is the HS4 version just using the HS4 API's or do you only make fixes or add new devices to the HS4 version and the HS3 is what it was and what you get?
    I'm more concerned about any new devices that might not be supported on HS3 and any bugs that are fixed only the HS4 version and are problematic on HS3.
    The only new device I added in HS4 version is Air Purifier.

I did add more reliability improvements while porting to HS4. But if you check HS3 plugin forum - there's not much https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...-ikea-alexbk66

And all my reviews are 5star https://shop.homeseer.com/products/a...roduct-reviews

Comment

Hi Alex

Not to be rude or to start a flame but for this remark

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
      HS3 version still works, so what's the problem? And I don't charge for HS4 upgrade.
      i wouldn't give you a 5 star

I do understand that you don't want to support the HS3 version anymore.
      The problem is that you sell the plugin as is without any further support for the full price. The remark that you don't charge for an upgrade is a bit silly don't you think so? I am very pleased with HS3. Do i need to pay 200,- extra to go to HS4 just to get support for 1 plugin. Don't think so.

So if you value your customers then please rethink your comments.
      - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
      HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
      PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

Originally posted by AshaiRey View Post
        Hi Alex Not to be rude or to start a flame but for this remark i wouldn't give you a 5 star

I do understand that you don't want to support the HS3 version anymore.
        The problem is that you sell the plugin as is without any further support for the full price. The remark that you don't charge for an upgrade is a bit silly don't you think so? I am very pleased with HS3. Do i need to pay 200,- extra to go to HS4 just to get support for 1 plugin. Don't think so.

So if you value your customers then please rethink your comments.
        Not sure what's wrong with my remark? I said the plugin works, tested by time. Do you have any problems with the plugin? And we already spent more time talking about it than the price of the plugin.

Comment

After installing the plugin you need to configure the Gateway -

1. After a few seconds the plugin should discover the Tradfri Gateway (using mDNS/Zeroconf discovery) and create root HS device.[/TD]
          Am I correct in understanding that with your plugin, I do not need to buy a zigbee interface for my HS4 Pi?

Rather, I just need to buy the Tradfri Gateway which will serve as the zigbee interface that HS4 will use to control the Ikea devices (in my case shades) via your plugin?

Thanks,
          Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Edvins View Post

Am I correct in understanding that with your plugin, I do not need to buy a zigbee interface for my HS4 Pi?

Rather, I just need to buy the Tradfri Gateway which will serve as the zigbee interface that HS4 will use to control the Ikea devices (in my case shades) via your plugin?

Thanks,
            Ed
            Yes

Comment

Hi,

I am currenly using JowiHue plugin for my IKEA devices. With this plugin I don't need a IKEA GW, but I am using a Phoscon-GW for connecting to Zigbee devices.

Is it possible to use the Phoscon-GW with the AK IKEA plugin?

Thanks,
              Rune

Comment

Originally posted by slinnings View Post
                Hi,I am currenly using JowiHue plugin for my IKEA devices. With this plugin I don't need a IKEA GW, but I am using a Phoscon-GW for connecting to Zigbee devices.

Is it possible to use the Phoscon-GW with the AK IKEA plugin?

Thanks,
                Rune
                AK IKEA plugin communicates with IKEA GW directly.

Comment

Will this plugin work with IKEA's newer gateway - the diregera - in addition to the TRÅDFRI? seems to be hard to find the TRÅDFRI any longer. I have a few blinds that I'd like to bring into my homeseer family, but am not sure if the new gateway will allow this with the available plugin.

Thanks much.

-David.

Comment

Originally posted by dholcomb View Post
                    Will this plugin work with IKEA's newer gateway - the diregera - in addition to the TRÅDFRI? seems to be hard to find the TRÅDFRI any longer. I have a few blinds that I'd like to bring into my homeseer family, but am not sure if the new gateway will allow this with the available plugin.

Thanks much.

-David.
                    David, there's a dedicated thread, basically IKEA announced that the Diregera will support Matter protocol (more than a year ago), but now they went quiet about Matter and even removed any Matter mention from the product page.

So I guess I have again to implement "unofficial" reverse engineered protocol which I really hate.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...a-dirigera-hub

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	60
Size:	327.4 KB
ID:	1642383

Comment

David, there's a dedicated thread, basically IKEA announced that the Diregera will support Matter protocol (more than a year ago), but now they went quiet about Matter and even removed any Matter mention from the product page.
                      Thanks much for the redirect, and the unfortunate news from IKEA. I guess we'll see what we see.

Comment

Working...
                      X