Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading from HS3 version

Hi,

When I installed the new version, it said I had to close the running plugin first. I interpreted this as the plugin will upgrade from the HS3 version. However, after installation it seems that the plugin didn't reuse the data and devices. All I have is the config page and it is stuck on auto discover, but nothing happens. The log shows two errors:
    19.01.2021 22:00:01

AK Ikea
    Error
    System.NullReferenceException: Objektreferanse er ikke satt til en objektforekomst. ved PluginLib.ControllerBase.ValueChanged(Int32 RefId, Double value, Nullable`1 oldval, Boolean myDevice, String ControlString)
    19.01.2021 22:00:01

AK Ikea
    Error
    [374]: ValueChanged(0): Objektreferanse er ikke satt til en objektforekomst.

Device 374 is a IKEA bulb that I tried to control to test if the plugin worked. It didn't. Other than that, there are no logging from the plugin, not even the installation is logged.
    1. Is the HS4 version supposed to do an upgrade when you have HS3 version?
    2. Did I do something wrong?
    3. Can I fix this without recreating all my IKEA devices and events?

regards,

Dag-Inge

It should work with existing devices, but I didn't test. I will check.

Comment

Ver 4.0.0.4 (BETA):
      • Fixed update from HS3 - there's quite a few changes, main problem was that in HS4 spaces are not allowed in the plugin ID. Each HS devices stores its plugin ID, for HS3 it was "AK Ikea", now I have to change interface to "AKIkea". You'll get update warning in log for each device (once). Also in HS4 root devices are not allowed to have any controls/status - so I have to create additional "Ctrl" HS device for each Ikea device. And after these changes you can't go back to HS3 plugin.
      • Fixed some issues caused by Ikea firmware update. I will also have to backport these fixes to HS3 version

Comment

But after all these changes I still would recommend starting from scratch - deleting all Ikea devices and restarting the plugin. It should be much safer. Sorry.

Comment

I've deleted all IKEA related files and devices from HS folders and HS4. Restarted HS4 and did a clean install of your plugin. Auto discover of gateway seems to do nothing. Added it manually, and a "unknown" gateway appears in the plugin, but nothing more. When I turn on logging for the "unknown" gateway, I see the following entry:
          [1164] Unknown: Not ok: hubkey 'Ws8lYp9sxxxxxxxx', app '01-20-23-02-45', appkey: ''

I've verified the security key.

Any sugestions?

Dag-Inge

Comment

Interesting to find out why discovery is not working? Do you do anything special in your network? Are you on Windows? Can you try two attached mDNS test apps.
            Attached Files

Comment

Ver 4.0.0.5 (BETA) Fixed adding Gateway manually; Lots of small fixes

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                Interesting to find out why discovery is not working? Do you do anything special in your network? Are you on Windows? Can you try two attached mDNS test apps.
                I have a regular network with Unifi products mDNS turned on. Using Windows. The attached files are blocked by Windows security. Are you sure they are safe to run?

Edit: The last BETA is working better. The GW is still listed as "unknown" in the plugin menu, but the device is named "gw-<serial number>". The log has one entry:
                AK Ikea, Warning, [1166] Unknown: [newIkea] New Receiver (127.0.0.1:5684): Setting new IP address: 192.168.1.21:5684

Edit 2: Forgot to tell that the devices are created correctly, as far as I can see.

regards,
                Dag-Inge

Comment

The attached files I compiled myself, so they are safe.

Regarding "Unknown" - it's using this name first when you create the devise manually. Then you set the serial number and it should rename the device. The menu entry will change only after plugin restart.

Comment

I've upgraded from 3.x version of the plugin to the latest 4.0.0.5. After working for few days, it seems to get stuck in polling since yesterday. Nothing in logs, but I don't have debug logging enabled. I only have 3 Fyrtur blinds, remote and repeater, besides the Tradfri bridge. Phone app for the Tradfri bridge still works and shows the current state. Any way to check what went wrong before I restart the plugin?

Comment

I think the best is to sort out mDNS. Also, you can enable Log - that's always first thing you do when having troubles

Comment

I restarted the plugin yesterday and it worked for less than a day before getting stuck again. This time around I enabled debug logging when restarting it - there's tons of log messages coming in now. We'll see how it goes.
                        FWIW, legacy 3.x version used to work for days w/o any issues and nothing changed in my setup.

Comment

And it failed again...
                          1/24/2021 3:07:12 PM AK Ikea Info
                          [43] Tradfri Hub: Retry: /15004/131074
                          1/24/2021 3:07:12 PM AK Ikea Info
                          [43] Tradfri Hub: Request failed[] : /15004/131074
                          1/24/2021 3:07:05 PM AK Ikea Info
                          [53] Left Blind: {"9001":"Left Blind","9003":65538,"9002":1609974806,"9020":1611511331,"901 9":1,"9054":0,"5750":7,"3":{"0":"IKEA of Sweden","1":"FYRTUR block-out roller blind","2":"","3":"2.2.009","6":3,"9":99},"15015":[{"9003":0,"5536":0.0}]}
                          And after that it keeps on repeating Tradfri Hub: Retry: /15001/65539 and Tradfri Hub: Request failed[] : /15001

Comment

Ok, I'll try to find what's wrong

Comment

I don't think it's HS4 related, there's similar for HS3 https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...ls#post1441288

Comment

Working...
                              X