X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Features request

I have plans adding

1. Tradfri motion sensor
    2. More support for Tradfri remote (currently only battery level is available)
    3. Tradfri plug - as soon as is available in Australia
    4. FYRTUR smart blinds

Great work! Can't wait for Tradfri motion sensor

Comment

I'm working now

Comment

I have a suggestion for devices pooling: Trying to simulate a power outage for 2 Floalt panels added in HS3 using AK Ikea plugin (3.0.0.4.) I turned both panels "ON" and then disconnected from main power in order to offline them. In HS3 their status remains OK and ON. I expected to see in HS "Unknown" or "Offline" status for them. Would it be possible? This kind of update could help to create and trigger an event in HS to auto switch off devices when power was restored. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by amd_mda View Post
          I have a suggestion for devices pooling: Trying to simulate a power outage for 2 Floalt panels added in HS3 using AK Ikea plugin (3.0.0.4.) I turned both panels "ON" and then disconnected from main power in order to offline them. In HS3 their status remains OK and ON. I expected to see in HS "Unknown" or "Offline" status for them. Would it be possible? This kind of update could help to create and trigger an event in HS to auto switch off devices when power was restored. Thanks
          In latest version the root device should change to Unknown state when the Tradfri Gateway reports Unreachable state, but unfortunately it's quite unreliable - for the LED driver I have it does, but for the Bulb the gateway still reports that it's reachable.

I need to investigate further.

Comment

Same as Battery level for the remote - one remote always reports 74%, but the other one goes 16%, 60%, 74%

Comment

After some testing I found that the gateway only reports "unreachable" state after you try to control the device, and even a couple of times - same behaviour in the Ikea app. So hopefully it will be fixed oneday.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

After some testing I found that the gateway only reports "unreachable" state after you try to control the device, and even a couple of times - same behaviour in the Ikea app. So hopefully it will be fixed oneday.
                Thank you for investigating this issue. Maybe a future firmware release will add more options. Let's hope

Comment

Thank you for investigating this issue. Maybe a future firmware release will add more options. Let's hope
                  Yeah, the comms and app are still buggy. I contacted Björn Block Global Business Area Manager - IKEA Home smart på Inter IKEA Group, but no reply yet.

Comment

Would it be possible for the plugin to also mention the name in the devices page? I named a bulb "utility light", as seen below this gets picked up by the plugin........ so bulb 5 iss name is utility light

Click image for larger version

Name:	ikea 1.png
Views:	260
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	1413282

But when looking under devices it shows only as bulb 5........

Name:	ikea 2.png
Views:	292
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	1413283

There is no mention of utility light........ so I am adding more lights.....but they are all called bulb and a number....... so constantly I need to flick betwen the two screens to figure out which bulb is what..... :-) So if at all possible, would be nice to see the name there mentioned also....

Thanks
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by darkjamzi View Post
                      Would it be possible for the plugin to also mention the name in the devices page? I named a bulb "utility light", as seen below this gets picked up by the plugin........ so bulb 5 iss name is utility light
                      I'll check. Sure, if this info is available - then it should be possible.

But mostly when adding the device to HS. I mean when the device is already in HS - and you rename it in IKEA app - I'm not sure if we want to rename it automatically in HS.

Comment

It actually already works - when you create a new device in HS - it does pick the correct name:

Name:	Screenshot_20200823-154811.png
Views:	385
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	1413456 Click image for larger version

Name:	FloorLight.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	1413457
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by darkjamzi View Post
                          There is no mention of utility light........ so I am adding more lights.....but they are all called bulb and a number....... so constantly I need to flick betwen the two screens to figure out which bulb is what..... :-) So if at all possible, would be nice to see the name there mentioned also....
                          I think the problem you are having - when you create a new device in IKEA app - it gets called "Bulb X" - then the plugin picks it immediately. Then you rename the device in IKEA app, but it's already too late?

In this case I guess the easy option is to stop the plugin when adding new devices. Then when you already renamed them - restart the plugin.

I don't like renaming devices automatically when you rename it in the app - some users may not want it.

But sure I can add the option. But in this case it should both ways - when you rename the device in HS - it should also rename in IKEA app?

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

I think the problem you are having - when you create a new device in IKEA app - it gets called "Bulb X" - then the plugin picks it immediately. Then you rename the device in IKEA app, but it's already too late?

In this case I guess the easy option is to stop the plugin when adding new devices. Then when you already renamed them - restart the plugin.

I don't like renaming devices automatically when you rename it in the app - some users may not want it.

But sure I can add the option. But in this case it should both ways - when you rename the device in HS - it should also rename in IKEA app?
                            Guess stopping the plugin and then adding devices, rename and restart plugin is a solution. Will do that. Thanks.

Comment

I'll see how much work is involved in auto renaming...

Comment

Working...
                              X