Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polling for Battery devices

Hi,
    This is a great plugin and it works very good.

I have one question regards to polling.
    Is it possible to add a separate polling setting for battery devices like "Tradfri motion sensor" and "Tradfri remote control" etc?

Because i feel it is draining battery sooner now with the polling from this plugin.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-02-18_12-21-07.png
Views:	265
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	1457113

That's only polling for new devices. Each device has it's own polling rate, and the battery devices default is 60 sec.

And it doesn't affect the battery anyway - it's polling the hub (gateway) - not the device.

Name:	MyDevices1.png
Views:	196
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	1457121

Comment

Aha, sorry i missed that one. Thanks.

Comment

Btw, is it possible to get a input field instead of arrows or both? Because webpage reload every time you click one second up, so it will take some time to fix 10 devices, and if they needs change later on

Comment

I see that you refer to AK Shelly, but this is Ikea and i dont have that tab on the device properties?
          Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-02-18_14-56-48.png Views:	0 Size:	162.7 KB ID:	1457145

Comment

My bad, sorry, working on too many things... At 1 AM...

Yeah, I forgot this for IKEA devices, will do.

Comment

Basically, in HS4 they did two different types of config pages - one you saw for Shelly, which can be done for one device only. They do have input fields and select lists for this one.

For IKEA devices it would be only the update rate on this config page.

The other type of config page is more flexible (i.e. the one I have for IKEA) - you can see summary of all devices on one page - it's much better. But HS didn't implement any controls for these pages. I have to do everything myself in HTML and JavaScript - it's a pain.

I'm working on porting my AKSmartDevice plugin and implemented already select list today

Name:	Screenshot 2021-02-19 011954.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	1457151

Comment

I see that in hs3 you have dropdown for polling

Name:	image_87936.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	1465182

Could this be done for HS4 as well, cause everytime you click on the arrow, it will reload the browswer.

Name:	2021-03-25_10-11-26.png
Views:	158
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	1465183

Comment

I don't think it's extremely necessary, but as the saying goes "Customer is always right"?

Ver. 4.0.0.17 (BETA) - Added select list for update frequency.

Note: since this page has 2 sec update timer - it's almost impossible to use select view, so to enable select view you have to disable the page refresh timer:

Name:	MyDevices2.png
Views:	168
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	1465212

Comment

Im not sure if im always right😉
                    But yes, it can be due to the refresh rate, that the website reload, and makes it impossible to change the settings in this page.
                    Arrows would be ok, if it was possible to change it.
                    I will test the new timer function, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by frankis78 View Post
                      Im not sure if im always right😉
                      But yes, it can be due to the refresh rate, that the website reload, and makes it impossible to change the settings in this page.
                      Arrows would be ok, if it was possible to change it.
                      I will test the new timer function, thanks
                      BTW, if you enable the page refresh timer - it will switch back to the left-right buttons

Name:	2021-03-26.png
Views:	170
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	1465217

Comment

I tested it , and it works good. But i cant change polling to more than 60 second from the dropdown, so then im back to the arrows, which is reloading page every time i do 1 click.

I would like to set my battery devices to 10min polling = 600 sec , so it doesent drain the battery so much.
                        Sorry for this.

Comment

I tested it , and it works good. But i cant change polling to more than 60 second from the dropdown, so then im back to the arrows, which is reloading page every time i do 1 click.

I would like to set my battery devices to 10min polling = 600 sec , so it doesent drain the battery so much.
                          Sorry for this.
                          I explained before already - it doesn't affect the battery because it's not polling the device directly - it's polling the hub, and if the device is sleeping - it can't wake-up the device.

Comment

Ok i see.
                            I thought if i polled the hub, the hub would again poll the device. But i am probably wrong.
                            Thanks.

Comment

Ok i see.
                              I thought if i polled the hub, the hub would again poll the device. But i am probably wrong.
                              Thanks.
                              You can't poll sleeping device

Comment

Working...
                              X