TRÅDFRI Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRÅDFRI Button

Quick question, does your plugin support the new TRÅDFRI shortcut button?

Originally posted by JSC View Post
    Quick question, does your plugin support the new TRÅDFRI shortcut button?
    No, I haven't seen it, is it new?
    I'll see what I can do.

Comment

Yes it's listed as new (well at least in Australia)

TRÅDFRI Shortcut button, white - IKEA

Comment

Oh, we are out of luck - none in Melbourne stores.

Comment

I don't think it's useful - with only one button?

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
            I don't think it's useful - with only one button?
            I would find it useful. If it will work in the plugin I will get a couple.

Comment

I think it can be very useful. Quick way to start an event or control a device without having to use a voice command. Also I have a custom Alexa skill that can be initiated from Homeseer that allows me to extensively control Homeseer and my music system with voice. A button like this can invoke the skill avoiding the need for "Alexa, tell blah blah to xxx". They are cheap enough to locate all around the house

Comment

At least two buttons or two different "presses" would be more useful. Like they say - when you leave the house use the button to switch off lights. But when you come home - how do you switch the lights back on?

Shelly button has 4 different push types (i.e. short, long, double, tripple) https://shelly.cloud/products/shelly...mation-device/

Comment

At least two buttons or two different "presses" would be more useful. Like they say - when you leave the house use the button to switch off lights. But when you come home - how do you switch the lights back on?

Shelly button has 4 different push types (i.e. short, long, double, tripple) https://shelly.cloud/products/shelly...mation-device/
                  You can use a virtual device to toggle it's state.
                  Or create a timer that starts running at the 1e press and counts the number of presses in say 2 seconds. An event then triggers based on the number of key presses detected and registered in the counter.
                  I use just one button to turn my alarm on or off (double presses) or turn the lights off when there is just one press detected.
                  - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
                  HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
                  PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

Originally posted by AshaiRey View Post

You can use a virtual device to toggle it's state.
                    Or create a timer that starts running at the 1e press and counts the number of presses in say 2 seconds. An event then triggers based on the number of key presses detected and registered in the counter.
                    I use just one button to turn my alarm on or off (double presses) or turn the lights off when there is just one press detected.
                    Easy enough to write an event that uses a counter so the button acts as a toggle switch.

alexbk66 Have you a plan to add the button to the devices the plugin recognises. I would find it useful.

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post

Easy enough to write an event that uses a counter so the button acts as a toggle switch.

alexbk66 Have you a plan to add the button to the devices the plugin recognises. I would find it useful.
                      If it's possible with unofficial API I'm using - then sure.

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
                        We have these new IKEA TRÅDFRI buttons in Canada now. I don't think I have a use for them with only the single push, but I use the toggle feature of the Easytrigger plugin for my smartthings buttons

Click image for larger version

Name:	easytriggerToggle.png
Views:	323
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	1465940

Comment

Originally posted by dev120v View Post

We have these new IKEA TRÅDFRI buttons in Canada now. I don't think I have a use for them with only the single push, but I use the toggle feature of the Easytrigger plugin for my smartthings buttons
                          I know, but I don't like these solutions - they are unreliable. Much safer if the button itself sends different codes.

Comment

Much safer if the button itself sends different codes.
                            definitely, but I can't say I have had issues with the toggle setup though

Some people just like the simplicity of one button. For $10 CAD when smarthome stuff is usually pricey in Canada, it's not bad... if the battery lasts. Would be very easy to wire 2 of these to 2 AA rechargeable batteries to give a wireless on/off switch also. All my buttons (smartthings/ikea) I rewired to use AA. They work great

Comment

Yeah, I've got one of these and use it for my garage lights since the switch for the lights isn't right by the door entrance into the house. I use an event toggle and it works great! Very fast as well. The price certainly was right.
                              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
                              X