Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use Shelly Button - it has 4 different push events

Comment

Shelly stuff is awesome, they aren't easy to get here in Canada though without going through USA store. The amazon.ca supply is limited and overpriced

I guess a better IKEA option for on/off in a single button would be https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/tradfri...hite-10408598/
      I'm assuming that also has 4 push events (on, off, hold up, hold down ) . I don't own any

I personally like hardware that supports multiple functions (I have a bunch of WD200+ and WS200+ that support up to 5 taps). My wife however in most situations would probably prefer just a simple button with a sticker that said what it did instead of remembering (because I am always adding new stuff lol)

Comment

Originally posted by dev120v View Post
        Shelly stuff is awesome, they aren't easy to get here in Canada though without going through USA store. The amazon.ca supply is limited and overpriced

I guess a better IKEA option for on/off in a single button would be https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/tradfri...hite-10408598/
        I'm assuming that also has 4 push events (on, off, hold up, hold down ) . I don't own any
        Why don't you buy Shellies directly from https://shop.shelly.cloud? They ship via DHL with reasonable flat rate.

Regarding IKEA - problem is that the (unofficial) API doesn't have any functions for remote controls or sensors, only battery level. The sensors and remotes talk to the lights directly.
        What I had to do - have an IKEA light connected to IKEA motion sensor, then I can receive events from the light.
        I tried to contact Inter IKEA Systems (the company developed this stuff) and their boss Björn Block via any means I could find (incl. his personal website) - but they are soo arrogant - no single reply, even just "sorry not interested"

Comment

gotcha on the api stuff... that sux

DHL to canada is the worst, always get big fees from dhl for custom fees. It just sux in general to get stuff shipped to canada from outside canada. I will eventually get more shelly stuff though

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
            What I had to do - have an IKEA light connected to IKEA motion sensor, then I can receive events from the light.
            I even saw on internet somebody dis-assembled the IKEA light and just used the PCB for that, without the LEDs

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
              Yeah, I've got one of these and use it for my garage lights since the switch for the lights isn't right by the door entrance into the house. I use an event toggle and it works great! Very fast as well. The price certainly was right.
              Could you, please, elaborate on how did you make the TRÅDFRI Button work?
              I picked up couple at Ikea, thinking "zigbee" means it will work. I'm new to HomeSeer, I set up my first set of zigbee and zwave lights and plugs just recently.
              I tried "add zigbee device" and it's not detecting my TRÅDFRI buttons. I also tried the AK IKEA plugin, but I'm probably doing something wrong.

I would appreciate if you could describe how did you connect the TRÅDFRI Button. I just want them to use as simple light switches too.

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by smartreptile View Post
                Could you, please, elaborate on how did you make the TRÅDFRI Button work?
                I picked up couple at Ikea, thinking "zigbee" means it will work. I'm new to HomeSeer, I set up my first set of zigbee and zwave lights and plugs just recently.
                I tried "add zigbee device" and it's not detecting my TRÅDFRI buttons. I also tried the AK IKEA plugin, but I'm probably doing something wrong.
                I suspect that he linked the button directly with Ikea light - then handle the event from light in the plugin. That what I do with Ikea motion sensor as well.

When I have more time - I will look into adding the button to the plugin, but I don't hope too much. Problem with Ikea is that they do use ZigBee, but don't expose it, only internally. And the gateway protocol is not designed for events - it's mostly for controlling.

Comment

Ah, that's a bummer.
                  I don't have ikea lights.

He (or she) said: "I use an event toggle", which gives me hope that maybe it's working with civilian light, not Ikea only light?

Comment

I respect Ikea to some extend for not-reinventing the wheel - they use existing protocols, i.e. ZigBee for communication between devices, CoAP for the Gateway and Sonos for speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by dev120v
                      I use jowihue, deconz and conbee 2 with the Ikea tradfri remote.
                      Do you use any other bridge for that remote? or does remote get detected directly in HomeSeer with one of those plugins?

I don't know any of those three plugins, I'll read about it, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                        I respect Ikea to some extend for not-reinventing the wheel - they use existing protocols, i.e. ZigBee for communication between devices, CoAP for the Gateway and Sonos for speakers.
                        Eh, sure thy didn't totally invent new protocols. But they sell "zigbee remote", so to noobs like me it means it's a zigbee device that I should be able to use with any zigbee bridge. Not Zigbee*.
                        *but we messed with it so you have to use our bridge

Still, their meatballs and bookshelves are the best, so I can forgive one blunder.

Comment

Originally posted by dev120v

jowihue is the homeseer plugin, deconz/phoscon is the zigbee gateway bridge software, conbee 2 is a zigbee usb key

I can only speak for the ikea tradfri remote with 5 buttons. it is discovered in hs4 as device with 5 buttons and battery. I have events setup for button pushes
                          Thank you.
                          So, correct me if I'm wrong, but with HS4 and "native" Zigbee plugin installed, I don't need the deconz and conbee.
                          Jowihue works with hue bridge, right? So, your Ikea remote talks to Hue bridge?

Comment

Any updates on the Shortcut Button? I got one and it supports single, double and long click to activate different scenes.

I was hoping the button press would appear directly in AKIkea as some sort of status.

Failing that I'm trying to create "empty" scenes so I can trigger events off them in Homeseer, but the app doesn't allow that - I'm still trying to work out if I can trick it somehow or define a scene which effectively does nothing.

Comment

Not yet, I need to get one.

Does the plugin detect the button? Can you check the log for the button?

And if you create the scene triggered by the button - can you use in the plugin?

Comment

The plugin detects the button with polling and battery level. It also detects a group for the button, but that doesn't seem to do anything.

With logging I get two types of messages:

without a scene associated with the button:

Code:
                                [1308] TRADFRI SHORTCUT Button: {"9001":"TRADFRI SHORTCUT Button","9003":65559,"5750":0,"3":{"0":"IKEA of Sweden","1":"TRADFRI SHORTCUT Button","6":3,"2":"","3":"2.3.080","7":4550,"9":87},"9054":0 ,"9002":1639160130,"9020":1639235396,"9019":1,"15009":[{"9003":0}],"15019":{"9039":0,"9250":[{"9251":1,"9252":[{"9253":1,"9254":0,"9255":0},{"9253":2,"9254":0,"9255":0} ,{" 9253":3,"9254":0,"9255":0}]}]}}

with a scene associated with the button:

Code:
                                [1308] TRADFRI SHORTCUT Button: {"9001":"TRADFRI SHORTCUT Button","9003":65559,"5750":0,"3":{"0":"IKEA of Sweden","1":"TRADFRI SHORTCUT Button","6":3,"2":"","3":"2.3.080","7":4550,"9":87},"9054":0 ,"9002":1639160130,"9020":1639235396,"9019":1,"15009":[{"9003":0}],"15019":{"9039":196629,"9250":[{"9251":1,"9252":[{"9253":1,"9254":1,"9255":196629},{"9253":2,"9254":0,"925 5": 0},{"9253":3,"9254":1,"9255":196630}]}]}}
                                Unfortunately short, double and long press all give the same log message.

The SuperGroup (Mood) control correctly updates to match the scene triggered by the button, so I could use that to control events - but I can't create "empty" scenes for this purpose, the app insists on a scene having at least one device setting in it.

I guess if I need a "dummy" device for scenes I could buy the cheapest Tradfri bulb, associate it with the gateway and then just unplug it.

Comment

Working...
                                X