No announcement yet.

Blinds Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your mDNS (Zeroconf) discovery doesn't seem to work. What's your network configuration?

The best Zeroconf is Bonjour Print Services for Windows - install the service and after restarting the plugin it should use it for discovery. Let me know how it goes.

Comment

Ok some progress, after installing the bounjour print service and rebooting the PC, I was able to get HS to discover the gateway.

I found an error that just seems to be a missing status icon... see attached

Since I have three window blinds, I was hoping that these devices would be detected, however I have no blinds, but do have a gateway device in the devices list.

When I polled the gateway I get this INFO statement in the log see attachment

Do I need to manually install the blinds now? or do I have other issues to resolve?
      Click image for larger version  Name:	image_104725.jpg Views:	9 Size:	11.1 KB ID:	1493920
      Click image for larger version  Name:	image_104726.jpg Views:	7 Size:	13.4 KB ID:	1493921
      Click image for larger version  Name:	image_104727.jpg Views:	7 Size:	19.7 KB ID:	1493922
      Click image for larger version  Name:	image_104728.jpg Views:	7 Size:	5.7 KB ID:	1493923

Comment

Good, Zeroconf discovery works now. Don't worry about the warning about css file.

Did you configure the bridge? Please post the Settings screenshot.

Comment

After a reboot this is what I see when I go to the plugin settings. It seems like zeroconf has stopped working.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_104757.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	1494084

Comment

Ok, looked at the log and noticed the gateway was found using "MonoZeroConf" which then found the gateway.
            I went to enter the security code into the settings and after confirming the code three times. I am getting this error.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_104758.jpg Views:	5 Size:	19.0 KB ID:	1494086

Comment

Found the problem, security code used an "I" capital i which was actually supposed to be "l" lower case L.

Log showing the devices were found, good news, but I am still getting the warning below. Not sure if its something to worry about.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_104760.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	1494091

Comment

I suspect you selected "Zeroconf" discovery type, please select "Auto" and restart the plugin - if Bonjour service is working - it should show "Mono.ZeroConf"

Can you also please post the gateway config screenshot

Comment

Looks like we are good. I was able to control the blinds from Homeseer. I will setup some events and confirm the reliability, but currently this seems like once setup, seems to work.

If the events all work reliably I will be purchasing the plugin after my trial.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                    I suspect you selected "Zeroconf" discovery type, please select "Auto" and restart the plugin - if Bonjour service is working - it should show "Mono.ZeroConf"

Can you also please post the gateway config screenshot
                    I set it to AUTO and restarted, all seems well and is using the MonoZeroconf as you said. Is this the shot you are requesting?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Since it works - I don't need any screenshots, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                      X