most devices have status unkown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

most devices have status unkown

I have a simple question all devices workm so that is no problem but i see that a lot of devices have a unkown status (again, everything works)
    the question is: why?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	ik2.JPG Views:	18 Size:	8.7 KB ID:	1509332Click image for larger version  Name:	ik3.JPG Views:	15 Size:	48.5 KB ID:	1509334

Can you provide logs? I don't know why without any clue.

Comment

nothing in the logs, everything is working as it should
      i noticed --> pic 1 bridge status unkown
      but --> pic 2 you can see advanced information that bridge status is OK

i will check the logs the couple of days and let's see if errors are showing up

Comment

Originally posted by akatar View Post
        nothing in the logs, everything is working as it should
        i noticed --> pic 1 bridge status unkown
        but --> pic 2 you can see advanced information that bridge status is OK

i will check the logs the couple of days and let's see if errors are showing up
        If anything is wrong - there should be something in the log.
        You might also enable Log for the device:

Click image for larger version

Name:	MyDevices.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	1509369

Comment

also no errors in the log. as everything is working i just want to know what can cause the "unkown" status in the device list and if you go into advanced info you see "status ok"

Comment

Hmm, I deleted you screenshot of the status graphics, can you please post it again

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
              Hmm, I deleted you screenshot of the status graphics, can you please post it again
              ofcourse
              Click image for larger version

Name:	ik2.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	1509468Click image for larger version

Name:	ik1.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	1509469

Comment

Hmm, "Ok" is -1001, "Unknown" is -1000. So if plugin sets Value -1001 - the status is correct "Ok".

Although it says "Feature (Child)", but you are talking about the Root device. In HS4 you can't check the Root value/status.

Did you enable the Log for devices?

Comment

I checked my source code - it's possible that status goes unknown when plugin can't reach the hub (gateway). I have periodic timer to check if the hub is reachable (using 'ping' command).

Does it happen sometimes, of often?

Comment

There is nothong in the log and it's always there. I think it happenend when i upgraded to the hs4 version of the plugin.
                    i did not delete any devices, i didn't want to create all events again.

Comment

There is nothong in the log and it's always there. I think it happenend when i upgraded to the hs4 version of the plugin.
                      i did not delete any devices, i didn't want to create all events again.
                      Oh, that can explain... I never tested using HS3 devices. I need to check.

Comment

lik i said, there is no problem with the devices, they all work
                        If you need acces to my system to have a look, no problem

Comment

lik i said, there is no problem with the devices, they all work
                          If you need acces to my system to have a look, no problem
                          Sure, thank you

Comment

Working...
                          X