Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

santoal what does it show on the device config page in HS? What Dimmer settings do you think is necessary to implement in HS? Definitely user/password.

Comment

Dimmer control looks ok. This is what it shows for the dimmer control in HS. I would just use the Shelly app for settings. Perhaps fade rate and auto off/on timer if that is what you mean.

Click image for larger version  Name:	pic.png Views:	53 Size:	133.9 KB ID:	1344332
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by santoal View Post
        Dimmer control looks ok.
        This is what it shows for the dimmer control in HS.
        Hmm, there's no AKShelly tab? I will check...

Click image for larger version

Name:	HnTConfig.PNG
Views:	351
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	1344340

I would just use the Shelly app for settings. Perhaps fade rate and auto off/on timer if that is what you mean.
        I think using "auto off/on timer" on Shelly defeats the purpose of automation system. But I'll think about other settings. Probably after my Dimmers arrive.
        Attached Files

Comment

Version 3.0.0.24 in BETA - continue on Shelly Dimmer and Shelly EM

santoal please test

Comment

We have control!

Just a few issues:
            1) Off Status not showing correctly in HS3. Changes momentarily but then goes back to % dim value. I think because its re-reading the dim status % from Shelly which then overrides off. Pressing off does turn it off though.
            2) Can only seem to slide dim to 99% max in HS
            3) Temperature log error
            Dec-06 12:32:14 AM AK Shelly ERROR [746]: shellydimmer (SHDM-1): HandleDeviceStatus for (Ref: 749) F3A91D.Temperature (Unknown)
            Dec-06 12:32:14 AM AK Shelly [746]: shellydimmer (SHDM-1): *** {"wifi_sta":{"connected":true,"ssid":"Karoo Springs","ip":"192.168.1.164","rssi":-55},"cloud":{"enabled":true,"connected":true},"mqtt":{"conne cted":false},"time":"00:32","serial":3604,"has_update":false ,"mac":"CC50E3F3A91D","lights":[{"ison":false,"mode":"white","brightness":99}],"meters":[{"power":0.00, "is_valid":true, "timestamp":1575592334,"counters":[0.020, 0.015, 0.001],"total":95}],"inputs":[{"input":0},{"input":0}],"tmp":{"tC":46.24,"tF":115.23, "is_valid":"true"},"calib_progress":0,"overtemperature":fals e,"loaderror":false,"overload":false,"update":{"status":"idl e","has_update":false,"new_version":"20191127-095929/v1.5.6@0d769d69","old_version":"20191127-095929/v1.5.6@0d769d69"},"ram_total":39600,"ram_free":28232,"fs_siz e":233681,"fs_free":140560,"uptime":214656}
            Dec-06 12:32:14 AM AK Shelly [746]: shellydimmer (SHDM-1): Execute cmd: status

Comment

1) Off Status not showing correctly in HS3. Changes momentarily but then goes back to % dim value. I think because its re-reading the dim status % from Shelly which then overrides off. Pressing off does turn it off though.
              Yeah, the problem is - I didn't want to create two HS devices - one for on/off, one for dim level. Tried to combine them in one. I'll think more... I don't like two separate devices...

Shelly do have separate control for on/off and brightness - which is good. May be it makes sense to separate them?

Comment

I think I fixed it. But can't submit BETA, their developers portal is misbehaving again...

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

Yeah, the problem is - I didn't want to create two HS devices - one for on/off, one for dim level. Tried to combine them in one. I'll think more... I don't like two separate devices...

Shelly do have separate control for on/off and brightness - which is good. May be it makes sense to separate them?
                  I think the way LIFEX UltraLighting 3 plugin implements dimmers works well. Having 1 device is good for things like integration with Alexa.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	26.0 KB ID:	1344800
                  Attached Files

Comment

I think the way LIFEX UltraLighting 3 plugin implements dimmers works well. Having 1 device is good for things like integration with Alexa.

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	349
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	1344800
                    Can you please paste screenshot of status graphics config page for the device?

Comment

3) Temperature log error
                      When developers portal is fixed - version 3.0.0.26 in BETA should get closer.... Also includes Shelly EM, added Temperature and Input(s) HS devices for all Shelly devices.

Comment

In the mean time... Since HST can't fix their portal. Attached the version 3.0.0.26.

You need to copy the zip file to "C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Updates3\Zips" and the updater_override.txt to the root HS installation.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                          In the mean time... Since HST can't fix their portal. Attached the version 3.0.0.26.

You need to copy the zip file to "C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Updates3\Zips" and the updater_override.txt to the root HS installation.
                          Installed. Still not working properly. Here is the dimmer page for other z-wave dimmers. There is a "Last" button which turns on the lights to the last dimmer setting.

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	306
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	1345175
                          Attached Files

Comment

Scrap that. Update didn't install properly. Updates from Shelly web page to HS3 work ok. Turning off dimmer in HS3 has no effect and produces an error. I think a "last" button still makes sense as per previous post.
                            Dec-08 9:24:12 AM AK Shelly ERROR [758]: shellydimmer (SHDM-1): [SHDM-1] F3A91D (192.168.1.164): Execute '/light/0?brightness=0&turn=off': Status: 'Error' Error: 'Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.' response: 'Bad brightness value!' code: 'BadRequest/Bad Request' ''
                            Dec-08 9:24:12 AM AK Shelly [758]: shellydimmer (SHDM-1): *** Bad brightness value!
                            Dec-08 9:24:12 AM AK Shelly [758]: shellydimmer (SHDM-1): Execute cmd: /light/0?brightness=0&turn=off
                            Dec-08 9:24:12 AM AK Shelly [758]: shellydimmer (SHDM-1): SetBrightness to 0

Comment

Also I have a temp of 48 deg causing the warning symbol to appear. I assume 48 deg is ok still? Everything else working ok.

Comment

Also I have a temp of 48 deg causing the warning symbol to appear. I assume 48 deg is ok still? Everything else working ok.
                                Yeah, that's all good, I just reused the settings from Shelly H&T - where 40 deg is too much. I will change that. Or you can change the status graphic range yourself...

Turning off dimmer in HS3 has no effect and produces an error. I think a "last" button still makes sense as per previous post.
                                "Bad brightness value!" is an error returned from Shelly - which means it doesn't like brightness=0? Can you set brightness to 0 from Dimmer webpage?

I can add "Last=255". We'll see...

Name:	shelly_brighness.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	1345196
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X