Lost all device settings after updating plug-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost all device settings after updating plug-in

Click image for larger version  Name:	E29921AD-5E31-4F0F-9BC4-3BCEEFE772BF.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	66.5 KB ID:	1448533
    Hi,

Every time I update the AK Shelly plug-in to a newer version I lose all the device settings.
    They are completely gone including all the feature/child settings. Only the feature/child names remain.
    I have to delete the device and let it recreate (via mDNS) again to get things working. After that I change some settings like device labels and icons and access rights, and I set mDNS disabled again.
    This morning I updated from 4.0.0.11 to 4.0.0.12 and the device is corrupted again. I had this kind of behavior since version 4.0.0.9, see also post #4;
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...t-plugin-start

Rene.

I'll check. What exactly do you mean by "all the device settings"?

I need to know exactly how to reproduce the problem - step-by-step.

Comment

I noticed for example - if I change the icon for "Ok" state, then change the icon for "Unauthorised" state - the "Ok" state just disappeares completely.

But it's not the plugin problem.

Comment

Also, I don't think it could be caused by plugin update, probably just plugin restart.

Anyway, I need more detailed explanation please.

Comment

And what do you mean by "I have to delete the device and let it recreate (via mDNS) again to get things working"? So what's not working?

Comment

The device and feature configuration is gone after updating the plugin.
            It is definitely caused by updating, stopping and starting the plugin does not trigger this problem, I have done that several times.
            After each update since version 4.0.0.9 the device and its features are unusable.
            Please check the screenshot in post #1, the buttons are gone, the power-measuring is gone, the icons are gone (even the icons I did not change), there is also no power-measuring or temperature measuring anymore, the control-feature buttons are gone.
            Also the values are gone, please check the following screenshots of the B4D296.Relay-device, the B4D296.Power-device and the B4D296.Temperature-device.
            It is all empty and gone;
            Click image for larger version  Name:	1.png Views:	0 Size:	265.2 KB ID:	1448712
            Click image for larger version  Name:	2.png Views:	0 Size:	207.0 KB ID:	1448713
            Click image for larger version  Name:	3.png Views:	0 Size:	177.7 KB ID:	1448714

Comment

You can try ver. 4.0.0.13 - it should fixe icons/labels disappearing.

But I can't see any other issues.

Comment

Is it possible to recreate the complete device as if it was first detected, something like a one-time-recovery option?
                Now I have to delete the HS device and let it be detected again.
                The problem with this method is that HS is using new device ID's each time I have to recreate.
                The device is still there, only all the settings and config and values are gone, so a one-time-recovery (overwrite with default settings) would be helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by RMB View Post
                  The device and feature configuration is gone after updating the plugin.
                  It is definitely caused by updating, stopping and starting the plugin does not trigger this problem, I have done that several times.
                  After each update since version 4.0.0.9 the device and its features are unusable.
                  Yeah, I can reproduce the problem, even after updating 4.0.0.12 to 4.0.0.13

But are you sure it wasn't a problem before 4.0.0.9?

Comment

I don't know, I started with this plugin since version 4.0.0.9, so I don't have experience with older versions

Comment

Yeah, I found the problem. The idea was to automatically delete old labels/icons for upgrading from HS3 to HS4 plugin version - because in HS4 you can't have them on root device, so I have to add extra "Control" device and move the controls from Root to the Control.

Ok, try ver 4.0.0.14

Comment

What can I do to recreate the "corrupted" device with the default settings, without deleting it first?

Comment

Is it an idea to have a run-once recovery option or button in the plugin-settings, a way in case of trouble to overwrite the created HS devices with the defaults?
                          This way if someone messed up the devices it is possible to restore the defaults.

Comment

I hope 4.0.0.14 should fix everything - it should recreate the "corrupted" devices

Comment

Yes, you are right, thanks.
                              Now I can change settings again and they will not be overwritten or deleted?

Comment

Working...
                              X