Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AKShelly feature requests

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    AKShelly feature requests

    Please add your requests/comments here.

    Some things I'm already working on/planning:

    1. Add support for Shelly RGBW2 and Shelly humidity and temperature sensor (Implemented)
    2. Add manual device registration in case ZeroConf discovery fails (Implemented)
    3. Authentication support (Implemented)
    4. Add power readings to HS Energy DB (in progress)
    5. Make any setting/status variable available in HS in either config page or HS device (Implemented partially)
    6. Use device state notifications instead of polling (Implemented)
    7. Batch update WiFi info
    8. Add Shelly 3EM and Shelly Bulb RGB (Implemented)
    9. Setting ramp rates
    10. Support Shelly Plug (Implemented)

    #2
    Does your plug-in support Shelly 1PM model (i.e., power monitoring)? If not, do you have plans to add it?

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by ericg View Post
      Does your plug-in support Shelly 1PM model (i.e., power monitoring)? If not, do you have plans to add it?
      Not yet, Shelly didn't send me the 1PM model, they may send it to me for testing, but after the IFA 2019 conference.
      Sure I have plans to support all Shelly devices - it's just not feasible for me to pay for all of them, so I work with whatever they provide to me.

      But if you do have Shelly 1PM and willing to do some testing for me - we can try. It's not much different to Shelly 1.
      Most important is to find what device type string it returns when discovered by mDNS. Shelly 1 returns string "shelly1". If Shelly 1PM type string is different (I'm sure it is) - you will get an error in log "The device type is not supported:".
      So if you give it a try and let me know what string type it returns - I can add Shelly 1PM device support.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
        Not yet, Shelly didn't send me the 1PM model, they may send it to me for testing, but after the IFA 2019 conference.
        Sure I have plans to support all Shelly devices - it's just not feasible for me to pay for all of them, so I work with whatever they provide to me.

        But if you do have Shelly 1PM and willing to do some testing for me - we can try. It's not much different to Shelly 1.
        Most important is to find what device type string it returns when discovered by mDNS. Shelly 1 returns string "shelly1". If Shelly 1PM type string is different (I'm sure it is) - you will get an error in log "The device type is not supported:".
        So if you give it a try and let me know what string type it returns - I can add Shelly 1PM device support.
        Thanks for your response. My interest is presently casual -- I don't have any Shelly 1PM yet, but I'll probably buy a couple to play with. If/when I do, I'll let you know.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by ericg View Post
          My interest is presently casual -- I don't have any Shelly 1PM yet, but I'll probably buy a couple to play with. If/when I do, I'll let you know.
          Shelly devices are very well designed, I love them. And I plan to support the whole range.

          The beauty is - the API is very consistent, all devices share common code, so the only difference between Shelly 1 and Shelly 1PM is the type string and the power monitoring, which is already implemented (same as Shelly 2.5).

          And I may add a device for setting power limit - so the relay will switch off when this limit is exceeded.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	Shelly1Capture.png
Views:	413
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	1324830
          Attached Files

          Comment


            #6
            And they told me they are working on a dimmer device - so they will win the battle with Sonoff. Can't wait.

            Comment


              #7
              Can I help? I do have your Plugin and a Shelly1PM and of course it doesn't work. But I'm willing to do whatever test you might need if you guide me so you can add support for such switch

              Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 6.43.02 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	60.3 KB ID:	1333838

              Thanks!
              Attached Files

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by ppespepe View Post

                Can I help? I do have your Plugin and a Shelly1PM and of course it doesn't work. But I'm willing to do whatever test you might need if you guide me so you can add support for such switch

                Click image for larger version Name:	Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 6.43.02 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	60.3 KB ID:	1333838

                Thanks!
                Sure, I can see the device type is "shelly1pm", that's most important bit. I will add the new type to my plugin today and put new version in Beta section.

                It should then work, except may be for Power Monitor feature, but we can sort it out after.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Done deal!

                  Let me know if you need further info or testing

                  PP

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by ppespepe View Post
                    Done deal!

                    Let me know if you need further info or testing

                    PP
                    Thank you.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Actually, I have some time right now...

                      Comment


                        #12
                        ppespepe what version you have now? 3.0.0.7?

                        Comment


                          #13
                          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
                          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise N LTSC - Work Station

                          But I can upgrade if needed...

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Oh, I mean the plugin version?

                            Comment


                              #15
                              1.0.0.6 as published on the plugin manager

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X