No announcement yet.

Update is overwriting labels and icons again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps the option “SetStatusText=False” should be enough?

Comment

Originally posted by RMB View Post
      Another option could be to use the button names as status labels? Then you don’t have to translate anything and the user has full control.
      That's the idea - users should be able to set the text, the problem is in HS UI.

The button text (control) and status may be different - i.e. button "Close", but status "Closed"

Comment

Perhaps the option “SetStatusText=False” should be enough?
        This won't be necessary when (if) HS fix the UI problem.

Comment

Again, to explain - I set both status and control strings because they may be different. I.e. control = "Close", but status = "Closed". Otherwise it will look silly when the status shows "Close".
          The idea is that the user should be able to modify both strings. But UI issue prevents it. So please email support@homeseer.com - we need pressure from users, they don't care much what developers say.

Comment

Yes, that is working fine.
            Once I set the SetControlGraphics=False then the status is correctly shown again, thanks.
            Is this going to make it into the next non-beta release too?

Comment

I have some error messages in the HS log from the Shelly plugin v4.0.0.24 beta:

Code:
              2-03-2021 17:51:19
              AK Shelly
              Error
              System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: options
              at: HomeSeer.Jui.Views.SelectListView..ctor (System.String id, System.String name, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] options, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] optionKeys, HomeSeer.Jui.Types.ESelectListType style, System.Int32 selection) [0x0001a] in :0
              at: PluginLib.PageBuilder.AddSelectListView[T] (System.String label, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] options, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] keys, System.Object target, System.String propertyName, System.Type propertyType, System.Boolean dropdown) [0x000ed] in :0

AK Shelly
              Error
              AddSelectListView Button Type:: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: options

Comment

Once I set the SetControlGraphics=False then the status is correctly shown again, thanks.
                Is this going to make it into the next non-beta release too?
                Sure, I just rename it to SetStatusLabel

Comment

I have some error messages in the HS log from the Shelly plugin v4.0.0.24 beta:

Code:
                  AK Shelly
                  Error
                  System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: options
                  at: HomeSeer.Jui.Views.SelectListView..ctor (System.String id, System.String name, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] options, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] optionKeys, HomeSeer.Jui.Types.ESelectListType style, System.Int32 selection) [0x0001a] in :0
                  at: PluginLib.PageBuilder.AddSelectListView[T] (System.String label, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] options, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] keys, System.Object target, System.String propertyName, System.Type propertyType, System.Boolean dropdown) [0x000ed] in :0

AK Shelly
                  Error
                  AddSelectListView Button Type:: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: options
                  [EDIT]

It's from device config - for "Button Type" - but which device? Shelly Plug-S?

Must be Plug-S. I don't know what types are supported for Plug-S, can you please post screenshot from Shelly app of device settings "BUTTON TYPE"

From API documentation it looks like Plug-S doesn't have "BUTTON TYPE" setting?

Comment

Yeah, looks like Plugs don't have "BUTTON TYPE" setting.

Ver. 4.0.0.26 should fix all your problems.

I renamed "SetControlGraphics" to SetStatusLabel, so you should add it to your AKShelly.ini file before installing update (it's ok to keep both keywords)

Comment

Yes, I have updated to 4.0.0.26 (I renamed the setting in the ini file before updating) and everything seems to be fine now.
                      Thank you!

Comment

No problem.

BTW, for future - if you need to install previous plugin version - you don't need to restore from backup. You can create updater_override text file and install normally any version. You need the plugin zip file, which is usually kept in HS updater folder, or you can download the file.

Hopefully you don't need it, but if you do - I can explain how.

Comment

That could be useful, so if you would like to explain, please do so;

Comment

That could be useful, so if you would like to explain, please do so;
                            Option 1: Easiest option is to copy files manually. HS keeps all previous versions in C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Updates4

You need to shutdown HS, copy to HS root folder (example for AK Shelly4.0.0.17)

C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Updates4\AK Shelly4.0.0.17\HSPI_AKShelly.exe
                            C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Updates4\AK Shelly4.0.0.17\HSPI_AKShelly.exe.config

And the rest to C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Bin\AKShelly

Option 2: Using updater_override.txt

Hmm, I tested in HS4 - couldn't get it working, need to check with HST if format changed...

Attached Files

Comment

Ok, thanks.

Comment

NP

Comment

Working...
                                X