Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update is overwriting labels and icons again

Hi,
    I have just updated from 4.0.0.17 to 4.0.0.19 and now my changed device icons and labels are overwritten again with the default ones.
    Can you please check?

Originally posted by RMB View Post
    Hi,
    I have just updated from 4.0.0.17 to 4.0.0.19 and now my changed device icons and labels are overwritten again with the default ones.
    Can you please check?
    sure

Comment

I can't reproduce. Which device exactly and what labels/icons?

I made some change though, try ver 4.0.0.20 (BETA)

Comment

It is the same issue as we had earlier with version 4.x;

I have a Shelly S plug and I have given the switch labels On and Off Dutch names (Aan and Uit) and changed the On/Off icons. After updating to version 4.0.0.19 the labels were back to On and Off and the default icons were back.

Comment

Version 4.0.0.20 is somehow worse;
          The icons and labels changed by me were left alone, so that is the good news.
          But the existing switch device is not working anymore and it is creating two additional relay switch devices. So now my Shelly S plug has 3 switch devices, that’s not good....

Comment

Hmm, I don't have PlugS. But I noticed the problem in HS - when I rename a label - the whole state disappears. And I have to delete the device - I'm testing Shelly 1PM because it's very similar to Plug.

Comment

I have now restored a backup of HS with a working plug-in version 4.0.0.17 and with the renamed labels and changed icons. So now everything is as it should be. I will wait with further upgrading the plug-in until I hear from you.

Comment

Originally posted by RMB View Post
                I have now restored a backup of HS with a working plug-in version 4.0.0.17 and with the renamed labels and changed icons. So now everything is as it should be. I will wait with further upgrading the plug-in until I hear from you.
                So you are sure that 4.0.0.17 doesn't rename the labels, but 4.0.0.19 does? And is it only a problem with Plug-S?

Comment

Do you see anything in log?

Comment

Version 4.0.0.17 does not rename the labels and icons and some version before 4.0.0.17 were acting the same, without renaming.
                    I only have Shelly S plug devices, so I cannot test it with other Shelly products.
                    When upgrading from 4.0.0.17 to 4.0.0.19 the renaming to defaults appears.
                    When upgrading from 4.0.0.17 to 4.0.0.20 the labels were not changed, but the relay device was not working anymore and there were two new relay devices created.

Comment

Also, I don't think renaming labels even work properly. If I rename "On' label - the "Off" disappears:
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	shelly_before.jpg Views:	0 Size:	18.2 KB ID:	1453500
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	shelly_rename.jpg Views:	0 Size:	17.4 KB ID:	1453501
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	shelly_save.jpg Views:	0 Size:	15.0 KB ID:	1453502

Comment

That is correct, I have seen that problem too.
                        That is a HS4 interface issue, they have some work to do on that part.
                        I use the legacy interface for renaming etc.
                        http://homeseer/deviceutility

Comment

Ok, I think I know. In HS4 there are two different labels for the same state - one for the button and different one for the state string.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-02-03 144000.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	1453675 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-02-03 144426.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	1453676

Using old interface you change only one, so it's not the plugin which overwrites the label.
                          In ver .17 I just wasn't setting to second label.
                          I'm not sure what to do - Undo the change and not set the Graphics label?
                          Or wait for HST to fix the new interface?

BTW, do they actually know about the issue? Did you actually tell them?

Comment

Ok, in ver 4.0.0.21 I made this configurable, so to prevent setting Control labels please set in Config\AKShelly.ini

Code:
                            [Settings]
                            SetControlGraphics=False

Comment

So I added that line to the existing AKShelly.ini and then upgraded from 4.0.0.17 to 4.0.0.21.
                              Unfortunately the labels and icons still changed back to the defaults.

Comment

Working...
                              X